Is Walmart receiving Generations at all?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Aug 3, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well they had leader screamer for $30 a few weeks back...and he is in the yellow box line...

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I saw cases of generations at the West Deptford Walmart, but they where in the middle of the reset at the time (and it's probably wave 1, no Straxus)

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped by Walmart the other night and they still did'nt have the Generations and HFTD figures up yet.

But today I stopped by Target and they have them in stock.

4. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I saw the Generations line at a Wal-Mart in northern Minnesota the other day. OP, BB, Thrust, and Drift were there.

5. C-109

C-109 Targetmaster

Checked my WalMart today and they had all the HFTD Legends, Deluxes and Voyagers in stock as well as the first two waves of the PCC 5 packs - but not one generation figure in sight! Still, snagged Banzai-Tron and Legends Ravage so I'm good, but Drift would have been nice.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

My Walmart has nothing but a wall of Mudflaps and NEST figures, a truck load of voyager Demolishers, a ton of HA Skids, and a couple of Ejectors. I'm going to have to wait a while.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should be soon. With the PCC Wave 2 5 packs being found at retail and the fact that my credit card got charged for Darkmount from BBTS today it shouldn't be long!

I need me some new PCC. :) 

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Went to Walmart after work tonight and saw they finally started stocking new stuff. They had Battle Blades Bumblebee and the ROTF Dirge Repaint (Jetblade I think he's called, I don't collect that junk). So it is slowly but surely going to make it's way to the shelves, whether BBTS get's Drift back in stock or not might not be a problem. Worse comes to worse, there's Amazon and Ebay. :\

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

walmart is known for having newer TF toys in the west coast of america first. due to the piers being in the "bay" area.

usually it takes longer for the east coast of america to get newer TF toys in america.
    due to the tractor trailer trucks making the long drive from CA to NY. The trucks stop at distribution centers on the way & other trucks complete the journey.

I'm just hoping that TRU.com keeps getting in all the newer TF stuff. so i don't have to do toy hunts using my car & gas.

all I really need to be caught up are as follows: those 2 wave 2 5 packs & wave 2 all 3 deluxes. HA jazz. TRU MP Grimlock.

not really interested in HFTD Voyager blades optimus prime. because he seems like a simplified version of the leader size. the only way i'd buy it is if it combiner with the takara voyager sized jetfire armor.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Just starting to filter through in Asia, IIRC.

Might start hitting US retail in a few weeks?

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yeah, Wal Mart eventually will get them en masse. Where there is money to be made, they're not getting left out.

12. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah, I refuse to shop at my local Wal-MartS (yes, PLURAL) for anything "new". They never have anything remotely new and every Wal-Mart I've gone to within a twenty-mile radius just totally sucks (btw, I'm between the east coast and the west coast in the largest metro area between Vegas and the Mississippi - my Wal-Marts must totally suck or they're just sending all the cool toys to East of the Mississippi first). I'll take TRU or Target, thank you very much, they at least get the toys and stock them right. The local Targets just got a huge new Hunt for Decepticons shipment - our numerous Wal-Marts... nothing, just still selling loads of ROTF Skids and Mudflap. Pffffft.

I hate Wal-mart. Unless I'm looking for oldies. Then at least they matter for something.... if they have the stock of course. Which, is like, hardly ever unless you're looking for the Twins.

Ahem.

13. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just saw the Generations line stocked at the Walmart in Ephrata, PA. So, I guess the answer to your title is YES.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is good news I have 3 Walmarts around me one of them should have this end cap.

15. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Patience is the key, young grasshopper. I was at my local Wal-mart last night and they had just put out two cases worth of Generations wave 1.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's been so long since my local Wal-Mart got new stuff I was starting to think Wal-Mart and Hasbro had some falling out.

No new Transformers, no new GI Joe (but I knew that line was on hold), no new Marvel Universe, no new Star Wars, it's like Wal-Mart had figured action figures were out of style.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I did get a followup that said Walmart is all over the place when it comes to the reset dates, so don't take that as a hard street date. Judging by what others have reported, you might want to check your local stores sooner, or it may be later than the stated date.

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

You can always just order online from TRU with free shipping, or Walmart's free site to store shipping.