Is VW open to being part of the TF cast now that we have had an Audi?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

After reading a lot that VW wants little or nothing to do with TFs in regards to the 'war' angle, I was shocked to see an Audi in ROTF. One of the many underused and potentially great characters in ROTF.
    I'd have liked to see him feature at least as much as Sideswipe until the movie's end.

Anyway, to the point, has VW reconsidered and tested the water? Any ideas/news releases?
    Would it help their decision if the TFs using VW alt modes attacked only in self defence when attacked rather than be aggressors?
    I see a lot of potential for non-GM brands in the films: Lancia, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, Toyota, Jeep, Fiat, Porsche, etc, and hope we get more variety as the franchise goes on.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no, because the audi wasnt licensed.

3. Hand Of Omega

How does that work? There is also a very accurately detailed toy, minus the Audi logo, but I guess its no different to the Beetle in TF1 at the car lot, though.
    So. If it wasn't licensed, was it just used to take another dig at VW? I only ask that cos I have read, true or not, what Bay is apparently like - vindictive.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GM doesn't want their cars as villains. Since their paying Bay listens. So far he has used a ford and an audi I wouldn't call that vindictive

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    In order for it to be another dig, there would have to have been a first dig.

6. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

VW BUG can suck @$$ since the camaro makes a better BB...only GEWUNNERS will complain which nobody really cares anyway...

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously? Take a sedative man

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    don't feed the trolls.

9. SlipKnotDrifter

SlipKnotDrifter I love ROTF :P

Well, the Sideways toy isn't really accurate by any means. And you only see the Audi symbol for a second of two, not enough for the licensing rights it would cost. imo.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That would be in TF'07 when Bumblebee slammed his door into a VW Beetle at the used car dealership.

Better question. Now that Bumblebee has been upgraded and Jazz is dead and it's all old news, is there still a reason to take digs at VW or to keep trying to get cars licensed from them for the movies? I think that whole thing is over.

11. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Perhaps with the success Transformers has had now other car companies that weren't interested before would change their tune now. Though honestly it doesn't matter to me. I don't see car brands. I see Transformers. But that's just me.

12. Hand Of Omega

Yes. The dealership. Probably now that Jazz and BB are taken care of it won't be an issue.
    Then again, the Stunticons have a Porsche in the ranks as well.

Well, wether more brands will line up, I don't know, but I hope so. I am surprised that there are no Japanese cars featuring prominantly, especially after the Alternators were basically all Japanese brands.
    I know what you mean about the TFs, but the brands are sometimes hard to ignore and feel very 'product placement'. Like Coke machines/signs in films.

Well, it certainly looks very much like the car its supposed to be, very much. Lets just say it can't be mistaken for anything else. Perhaps a TT, but not much else.

Like the other dude said, sedatives are a good option.

The car lot with the old Beetle and Sam's dad's line, "...you're not getting a Porsche."

I'm not either, its just what I've heard. Still, its not like GM is in any financial shape to have much influence anymore. All it would take is for Toyota or VW to produce a large wad of cash and GM goes bye-bye. LOL!

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Maybe things will change and we can have a bit more variety in car names for future films. Or, Bay is stuck with GM.

I'd like to see the Chevy Prowler come to life now that Chevy has some input with autobot Jolt.

Now that would be sweet, but which robot would be best suited for a Prowler, Decepticon or Autobot?, too difficult to decide, well maybe, maybe Hotrod.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    nope, and since it wasn't liscensed they had to kill him off quickly sadly, but hey, made sideswipe badass

15. Hand Of Omega

Maybe HotRod, that would suit OK. But the car's look screams Decepticon really doesn't it? Perhaps GM's Australian brand Holden can help with HotRod in the form of this concept:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    I personally dont care what they turn into . i only care about how there robot mode looks

17. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. The vehicle mode was modded enough so the producers and Hasbro wouldn't get into legal trouble for using a car design without VW's permission.

I doubt such a move will create enough goodwill for VW to license their cars for future Transformer media.

And I totally agree.

18. sin cal hd

sin cal hd Member

It did look like some of the military vehicle in the opening scenes were Toyota TJ's. But they were moving so fast not sure exactly.

19. Hand Of Omega

Barricade was a modified Ford, Saleen, so whats stopping them from using Porsche cars under the RUF badge? I'm sure they could wrangle those kinds of performance house customs for more TFs.

RUF CTR2 = Jazz:

[​IMG]

20. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    You'd think that every Automotive Company in the world would want to jump on the Transformers Bandwangon though.