Is Vector Prime any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Computer5, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I'm considering getting the universe 2.0 Vector Prime figure, but all the feedback I can find just has people complaining about his brown legs. How is the figure overall? Articulation? playability? QC issues? Fun/Crappy gimmicks? etc

Thanks in advance.

2. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Buy him now!!!

I own him, and he is awesome! The only difference besides the colors is the lack of noise (the battery thing is sealed shut :( ) But if you can set that aside, the color scheme is great, so do not pass this guy up!

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go track down the cybertron or GF version of him.

He's f'n awesome.

4. Computer5

Does he have knees?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Overall, he's actually a pretty great figure. Nice and tall for a Voyager. I have the original Cybertron release, and I actually kitbashed him as Prima. The mold works very well for ancient Cybertronians. It also has really good articulation. The wing/backpack thing in bot-mode can get slightly annoying, but it's not all that bad. I definitely recommend getting the mold. Doesn't really matter which version, imo, just as long as you are happy with the color scheme of the one you get.

Yes, he has knees. They're important for his transformation into shuttle-mode. Really,t he only major point of articulation that he's missing, is a waist joint. Also, a lot of the joints he does have are ratcheting joints, so he tends to holds poses nicely.

6. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too at first thought the pale brown was out of place and ugly but I don't mind it now. But yeah, its would had been nice if they were blue, black and silver like the rest of his body.

He a great figure, previous Vector Primes had sound, come with a Mini-con and in robot mode, he is pretty tall. Classic Voyager Optimus Prime's head face Vector's orb on his chest.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

He is awesome!!! A must buy.

8. Computer5

Thanks for all the positive and HELPFUL feedback on this guy. I will probably pick him up soon. It's a shame the Universe 2.0 voyager repaints don't have sound, but it's all good.

9. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just don't have the love for the figure that most others do. The detailing of the cogs and machine-parts on his armor/alt-mode is really nice and well done, but the figure is dull. It has no real life to it.
    Some figures just have a fun factor that keeps them in hand or at least messed around with for poses and such, but my VP just stands there looking boring.

I recommend it for the details, but not for the playability/posability.

10. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Anytime! :thumb 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I realize you've probably already made a decision, but I thought I'd say I really like it and own the three domestic releases of the mold. It's nice and poseable. The transformation is a little simple for a Voyager size toy, and half the alt mode hangs off its back but it's inobtrusive to the articulation. I'd recommend it!

12. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformation's kinda simplistic, but it's a great figure. My only complaint is about the rubbery sword, if you leave it displayed him holding it for too long it tends to droop. Over all I still highly recommend it.
    I don't mind the brown but I can't help but wish it would have been replaced with teal so it could have been Nemesis Vector Prime but whatta ya do... I use him for Shatter Glass Vector Prime (which don't really make any since because I don't have any other shatter glass figures)