Is Unicron a Decepticon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not really a faction he just is. Him and primus seem to be based on some mythology where two God's fight every so many years. Unicrons sole purpose is to destroy Primus but as long as Primus sleeps Unicron eats. As far as the G1 comics go anyway (just read this recently in tpb)

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's one of the few moments in G1 when we (as a fan base) can collectively agree that that episode didn't happen or just theorise that he was told to make the host body for him to enter the G1 multiverse or some bs as it really does not do the original justice having that back story.

3. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a con far as I'm concerned,he sides with and uses cons most the time and gives them their symbols, galvatron,cyclonus and scourge etc in various continuities he does this. Primus sides with Autobots so fair to say he's one too.My two cents.

4. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    since when is unicron a con? he has his own group of lackeys which are neither bots nor cons.

the only reason primus "sides" with the autobots is because they share the common goal of peace. that does not make him an autobot.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Nutshelled.

Unicron is the definitive inspiration for all things evil in our Transformers-verse.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the comic verse primus created them all. Cons and Bots. Cartoon it was Quints. Common theme? Unicron has nothing to do with any of them or the creation of either faction.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    The cons want to take over and rule the universe. Unicron justs wants to eat it all. Even the cons were fighting him to defend Cybertron.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Nope. He's just a planet eater built by a monkey.

9. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus Prime

Ebay:
    Sad really.

As I recall (and I know I am wrong and too lazy to reach out five feet and pull out "Primal Scream" to get the story from the source), Unicron existed first, as a spiritual god like being, and was devouring the universe and kept on eating until there was nothing left. He then went into slumber and while he was sleeping in the void he had created, the big bang happened (obviously he missed a few bits) and a new universe was created. Unicron awoke to this new universe to start eating again.

Upon his reawakening, God (the powers that be, not necessarily the Christian god) called upon Primus to stop Unicron from devouring the Universe. they fought for ages and eventually Primus tricked Unicron into trapping his being into an asteroid, but in doing so Primus also had trapped himself into one.

Over time, Primus realized that he could manipulate the asteroid he was trapped in and used it to turn it into Cybertron and from his own essence, he created the Transformers who eventually split into the two Factions of the Autobots and Decepticons, but whose purpose was to be the universes last defense against Unicron, if he ever returned. Only the Matrix, a repository of Primus energy, could stop Unicron, as it did in both the Cartoon and the G1 Marvel comics. As far as I can tell, it was never his intention to create seperate factions, it is just a product of their society. There were and are still (in that universe) neutrals who never chose sides as well.

Unicron found that he too could manipulate his asteroid and created a giant robot form of himself and the rest is history. He never fully aligned himself with the Decepticons, but used them more as pawns when the time was right, like pulling Galvatron from the future and creating Heralds from what I would call "Lost" Cybertronians, like the fallen, Galvatron and Scourge in the Dreamwave series.

He even kind of made the Energon series bearable with "Worlds collide" in which, he was also non-aligned.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get it, but I still find it amusing. Titanium Unicron also had the Decepticon insignia for the stand, which was consistent with the line but just seemed odd to me for Unicron.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not quite.
    Unicron destroyed the universe and then slept. But he had missed tiny specks of life which, over countless aeons, coalesced into the beginnings of the universe we know now. When he woke up to find life all around him again Unicron simply started destroying it again. The universe created Primus to stop him.
    Because Primus was careful, as he didn't want to wipe out the life he was created to protect, he had to hold back. And Unicron absolutely trashed him. Primus fled to the astral plane, thinking he could beat Unicron there, but he was so underpowered after the fight in the physical plane that he didn't do any better there either. Unicron was about to destroy Primus when he fled back to the physical plane. Unicron followed him, not realising until it was too late, that he'd been tricked.
    Primus had forced them both to rematerialise inside 2 barren asteroids, and then selaed off the astral plane behind them forever.
    Over the ages Unicron reshaped his asteroid into the planet eating monster we know him as today. Primus, connected to Unicron by a tenuous mental link, sensed this and reshaped his asteroid into Cybertron. He populated it with lifeforms designed to fight Unicron if he ever rose to power again. He then put himself into a sleeplike state so that Unicron couldn't use that mental link to locate him.
    So you see; in the comics Primus exists because of Unicron. They are definitely linked.

12. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Note to self: find Marvel comics and read them, they apparently contain this level of awesome..

Also note to self: learn how to spell "apparently". Don't just rely on Captain Firefox-Dictionary.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Liege Maximo is the foundation for all the evils that would eventually spawn the Decepticons, LM's brother Megatronus Prime's face/head would be the inspiration for the Decepticon insignia.

Nope, that would be Liege Maximo. Unicron is only the embodiment of destruction, not evil.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Chaos, actually.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah, Unicron would be better off without having any origin. We could debate over where he came from and it would be much more interesting than the truth.

But I still prefer it over the version that he is a god and there exists a counterpart called Primus.

16. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    yes, I think so.

17. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Megatron, [whoever], and [whoever] already had 'Con symbols, as did the rest of the guys ejected from Astrotrain. Unicron was trying to pull a fast one on Galvy & company. Which sounds like an easier sell: "You must obey me, but I restore you to leadership of the Decepticons with more power than before," or "You are now Unicronians, and your mission is to help me destroy Cybertron"? Once Galvatron found out about the real plan, he turned against his master.

Similarly, the rest of the Decepticons were more likely to follow someone with a 'Con symbol (who professed to be a Decepticon) than someone without one.

Consider the end of the conversation between Starscream and Galvatron, and Rumble's question:

S: "M-Megatron? Is that you?"
    G: "Here's a hint!"
    [awesome restoration of the Order of Things]
    G: "Will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?"
    R: "What'd he say his name was?"
    G: "Galvatron."

Sure, Starscream has given Megatron plenty of reasons to blast him before, but the worst Megatron ever did was temporarily maroon him on an asteroid. Is this somehow Megatron in a new body who has finally given Starscream what he deserves, or someone else who won't put up with the nonsense that Megatron always ignored? Well, at least he's a Decepticon, even if we've never heard of him. But his "hint" isn't really conclusive...and I really don't think it would be a good idea to ask for another one.

ETA: Unicron isn't a 'Con, he just finds them the most easily manipulated into doing his bidding.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  18. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As tf fans we know why starscream got the chop in reality , it was because the great Chris Latta was becoming unpredictable, it's been said by officials that he'd turn up late or not at all either under or not under the influence, that's a whole different kettle of fish I know, but it explains Starscreams demise.

Well if unicron really wanted to control galvatron and his cronies anyone who is sensible wouldn't restore them with their original symbols unless they themselves were not aligned with them. Think of it this way, in football terms I'll put it, If I was manager of Manchester United and I took players from Real Madrid, I'd have them change symbol(crest) cause they joined my new club,so thinking of it that way, Unicron if he wasn't a Decepticon would've given them no symbols or new symbols showing their allegiance to him as they were doing his bidding. However if I am Manchester United manager and they are already Manchester United players they're already wearing the symbols(crests) I want them to, then there's no need to change it therefore Unicron is a Decepticon. This is the best possible way that explains it for me, hope it makes sense.

19. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Primus created the Autobots and Decepticons. So no.

20. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I think I see what you're saying, but I disagree.

Let me try the same starting point that you used (sport teams), and try a different direction. (Keep in mind I'm on the other side of the pond, so this may end up silly for a couple of reasons.) Someone high up in the Mafia comes up with a great scheme to get money, as follows:

1. "Acquire" Manchester United, which is a bunch of downtrodden players with no wins under their belts (without the press realizing you did so, to keep it out of the public eye).
    2. "Strengthen" Manchester United so that they can beat the unbeatable Real Madrid by forcing the washed-up star player and a handful of others who have been benched to take bunches of cheap steroids (and "convince" the league not to do any testing). Let the star player rally the rest of the team, rather than taking the spotlight for yourself (since you don't want anyone to know what you're doing).
    3. Wager lots of money on Manchester United in the big game.
    4. Profit.

This is basically what Unicron did:

1. Acquire a contingent of down-on-their-luck Decepticons.
    2. Reformat them and strengthen them. Let them rally the rest of the 'Cons.
    3. Head toward Cybertron while you bank on them getting the Matrix out of the way.
    4. Destroy Cybertron.

And it almost worked, too. Make sense?