Is TW Devi your definitive Devastator and wants a different one?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Nighthawkblack, Mar 26, 2018.

?

Do Want a new Devastator, MP style or happy with TW

Poll closed Apr 23, 2018.
  1. I'm happy with Toy world's version and won't buy another

22.0%
  2. I don't have Toyworlds but would get it if it was cheaper

14.7%
  3. Never got TW, I prefer another company to make a new version.

36.7%
  4. I have TWs but wouldn't mind another company's design

26.6%
  1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I have my own reservations about TW Devy but was hoping for a lower price and to compromise. I waited so long I think I'll pass at this point.

I am glad you are happy with another version but that would defeat the purpose of my Poll. For starters, I was only speaking about 3P here. Which version are you referring to? CW Devi is not MP, hence why its in combiner wars official and not MP official and is not 3P also why I don't mention it. Hercules I used to own and would not call it close to MP by any stretch, scale, design or style. GTs version looks overstyled and is a little small for my current collection. I was simply curious about those that were using TW Devy as their MP bot and those who were waiting on another.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have the ToyWorld version, and that hit's on every MP level.

At this point, I truly think fans should choose from the options that are out there now. We do not need a new Devastator at this point. There are so many other combiners that need done!

We only have 1 x Abominus from Unique Toys! Not counting the abomination from Hasbr

We have no Monstructors!

No Raidens!

1 x LioKaiser! 1 x Piranacon!

No Landcross!

No RailRacer!

No Landfill!

No Micromaster Combiners!

There's so many other voids that need filled at this point! Enough is enough with the Devastators! Hell, I'd rather see an accurate take on Movie Devastator than another G1 Devs. Infernicus!

The options are endless...why continue focusing on Devastator / fan favoriteness aside?!

3. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Gravity Builder is my MP Devy. He works for me in every way that Constructor doesn't.

Except Bonecrusher... he's not a bad figure... he just isn't Bonecrusher.

4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you aren't looking for masterpiece scale or a G1 aesthetic, I could see how someone could like GB better. But this is why context matters.

• Like Like x 2
  5. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

The individual alt. modes are (almost) perfectly realised modern construction vehicles
    The ‘bot modes look more proportionate, and although slightly stylised (except Bonecrusher), as they have to be to compensate for the alt. modes, are still clearly the characters they’re supposed to be
    Their height is somewhere between MP carbots and MP Seekers, which works for me
    GB itself is burly and menacing, as Devastator should be… not lanky.
    There is no partsforming whatsoever… every piece has a use in all modes. To me, that is MP levels of engineering.
    The height works as he’s the sum of his parts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. My biggest issue is that Scavengers shovel just hangs off his arm. A real Devastator is not that messy and folds up his shovel like his momma taught him. And he's like an inch too tall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    That is why I am very interested in the OS Gravity builder from Jin Bao.

• Like Like x 2
  8. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

I'm done with devi. I bought him 3x (Hercules,Giant,TW).

9. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno.. i might be in the minority, but i dont' really like TW's Devvy.
    I like the individual bot modes of the TW constucticons... but i prefer the Generation Toy Devvy, and their Alt modes as well....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Those who have TW Devi V2 are happy with it, myself included. In pics I can see how some may have negative opinions. In hand it's a whole different story, and any negative opinion I had changed. Is it perfect? No. But it's phucking awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. robh

robh Decepticon

. Me too. Especially with the g1 head upgrade. It’s the only thing I like better about TW. The originally GB head isn’t g1, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s way too small. Makes him look like a pinhead.

12. locidm

locidm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GB is a stylized devy with modern aesthetics in all modes. I don't see it being any part of MP/G1 collection and look coherent with the rest. Not sure why it's even mentioned in this thread? I understand how some would prefer GB. But in a G1 MP context GB doesn't belong in the discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Forgive my ignorance but what are the upgrades in V2 that people are talking about? Do you just mean the green thighs, the ab-fillers and the purple barrel, or are there other things I don't know about?

14. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TW Devy looks awesome, but doesn't fit into my collection - both size and aesthetics, heh.

I'd want something more cartoon accurate - which I honestly can't really imagine how they'd pull off the combined mode. Cartoon model Devy is so dorky looking, especially the legs, but I'd love to see it happen. Probably XTB/KFC would do the version I'd prefer the most.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ko Gravity Builder is my Devvy- when hook, mixer and dump truck eventually arrive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I see, if it doesn't match your belief of what belongs with a G1 MP collection, it shouldn't be mentioned in a discussion.

KO OS Warbotron has a modern, stylized aesthetic. He fits with my G1 MPs just fine.

20170926_204755.jpg

I would say that the Studio Ox looking Toy World Dev fits into a G1 collection less than the Gravity Builder does.

• Like Like x 2
  17. locidm

locidm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Warbotron fits your definition of a G1 MP collection, then obviously we're on opposite spectrum. CW devy is not in the MP line for a reason, and to me it also does not belong in a G1 MP collection.

To me, TW Devy is the only Devy so far that matches the style and level of detail of the MP10 era G1 MP collection.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like TW Devy, but don't like the price. I wish this was one of Zeta's properties and that they could sell it for less but keep the quality high. The closest thing to Constructor as a current option is Gravity Builder. That one seems a bit too short in combined mode. FT does not have any plans in the near future to make one, and nothing's been said from other 3P companies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Constructor is plenty G1 when combined and in individual alts. The bots are a bit of a stray, but together are a bad ass team.

20180326_160304_1522096048033.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

CW Devy definitely isn't out of place in an MP collection. Imo Warbotron Bruticus looks the part better in single bot mode. But looking at your really nice setup :thumb  I'd rather question "MP" Bumblebee's right to be there, with his gappy arms, his wrong color and his face that looks nothing like the toon.