Is TRU MP Rodimus Prime worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ezim93, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a little on the fence with this figure. I kind of want to get him as a sort of memento of this years comic con, yet from what I hear the QC on the Japanese version wasn't that great so I'm a little worried that it might break if I transform him. Also on a totally unrelated note, do you think Hasbro will release Masterpiece Optimus Prime 2nd edition in the US?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

In a word for 60 bucks it is worth it imo. Especially for the target master and they fixed the leg panels that were prone to breaking as for everything else i cant say for sure as i do not have the Hasbro version yet. I plan on getting it but will not lose sleep since i have the takara version.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Worth it for the 60 bucks he cost at SDCC or TRU.com? Absolutely. Even if he's 70 in stores, that's still low for an MP figure, and in most cases, they appreciate in value. (And he has the Targetmaster.) If you find one, of course get it, I say! Also, he may not have a trailer, but will cost you considerably less than either Takara release with.

And I'd be very surprised if the new MP Prime did not come here.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got it at Preview Night at SDCC. Yes, it's definitely worth it.

5. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    The QC was really a hit-or-miss with the Takara one. Luckily mine was okay. I'm pretty sure most of the breakage that happened with the Takara one won't happen on the US one. I've heard that the leg panels (where a lot of breakages happened) are redesigned, so I think breakages will not be a problem.

On the 2nd edition Prime: You mean MP-10? I'm sure they will, just sans trailer.

6. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if a Winnebago add on will be made for him. I want to get Rodimus and have him be like "Quick Offshoot to the Winnebago!".

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Hasbro is more than likely not going to release the trailer. It is possible that it may get ko'ed in the hasbro colors or a third party makes a unique trailer.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Doesn't someone need to own it to say it's worth it? Ask again on Thursday when most peoples figures should be coming in.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I'd say yes - the mp-09 is awesome IMO. I'd want the trailer too, but that's just me... The TRU one is going on my shelf as Hotrod and the Mp-09 can stay as Rodimus. If you can't get the mp-09, I'd definitely get the TRU one.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    $60? I'd think so. Current scalper prices? No.

As far as the new mold of Convoy/Prime, I think it's pretty much inevitable. I still feel the same way about Thundercracker, but it's just finding the right avenue. Preview of coming attractions: MP TC @ Wal*mart for $10? Not happening.

11. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    YES!

I own the takara version, Hotrod alone is a marvel for any TF collector. Very awesome figure.

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Its worth it for a more cost saving perspective.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well look at the takara version...and if you can live with just the figure and no other accessories like that cannon platform ...then yes...

if not then now...i would not grab this version of rodimus as an investment if that is what you are thinking...i doubt seriously a incomplete US version of this MP rodimus will go high in value ....doubtful/