is transformers dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No Alts? Could have sworn the one Cathy showed me for our aisle had them... he well... might have just read something wrong? Could it be that our stores are different in that? Or am I just going loopy?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    From what I've been able to gather by talking to a couple of peeps... yes. The warehouses are full of the last couple of waves of deluxes, ultras & leaders. They've been selling really well from what I've heard and a couple of waves were overordered by our warehouses. So, they're still there.

Which is a shame that the stores are keeping Cybertron and Hasbro's not at least throwing us a few more repaints... God I love those Cybertron molds...

3. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shame. Its like they are continuing to put old product onto the shelves. I declare we deserve a few more Cybertron repaints! And not just repaints, key reassignments too! Repaint landmine with Giant Planet key; Maybe a Dirt Boss with an (ugh) Earth key. Overhaul-Brushguard got different keys, why couldnt any other repaints?

4. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They...aren't...going...anywhere! They are the #2 selling boys toy brand!

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well remember that your store has three runs of toys while mine only has two. Your store could very well have more selection to compete with the TRU at the mall. You guys did carry a couple of toy lines that were never even carried at my store.

6. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Wait, I've lost the point of the thread. You're saying because a couple of chains are not stocking Transformers they are dead?..Basically, right? Well, they'd be dumd to do that. I hate the way the toys look and are designed today and how the Transformers world has been twisted*, but even I have to say that I wouldn't like them to dissapear and I'm sure if the chains have any financial sense they won't discontinue them.

* I feel I have to say, being a newbie, that its only an opinion, I'm not having a go or anything at people that do like Transformers regardless.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol

Yes, at my local Wal-Mart Transformers have indeed died and never will return to their present location.

Because, they are doing a major reset, and moving all the games to the middle racks and the figures to the outer shelves where the games are, I have seen the planograms of truth and they will be in the back towards the stock door in toys.

That is probably why at the other Wal-Marts I have been to recently have had the Transformers all over the store it seems, it is because they do not have the reset done and probably just put the stuff anywhere they can since they are cleaning off the shelves.

Anyone that says a line is dead is just shooting off at the mouth no employ anywhere knows things like that.

8. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

We just set action figures last night and there are no pegs for the classics LOCs. Looks like kmart and TRU are the only places to pick them up(at least in FL).

Also, confirmation that most Targets will not carry Alts, cybertron voyagers, and 6 inch titaniums for the time being. There could be a revision coming down the way to add the 6 inchrs back on planogram, but for the time being, they aren't being carried in most Targets. I say most because there are some Targets, like my old one and the one Laser_Optimus works at, which has a larger action figure section.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think it's funny that the OP started this thread. Virtually every 3rd post on this board right now deals with the upcoming 2007 film. Is Transformers dead? Definitely not!

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The stores are just resetting their stock. TF isn't going anywhere.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this thread still going,lol.

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFs may get patchy support on some European countries, but they won't be stopped completely in Europe as a whole.

See what i said about patchy.

Yeah, but we all know Hasbro started the ball rolling on the movie because they want to kill off what has been their most steady seller over the last two decades.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think it is so funny when things like this get posted.
    Within a week of the release for the upcoming multimillion dollar movie there is a post on another website that the Transformers line is dead and some people are like “oh noes!”.

I think I am going over to bungie.net and start a thread that Halo 3 has been canceled to see what kind of distress it causes.

When you think that Transformers might go the way of toys that lost their play value, remember this bit of advertising for The Return of Optimus Prime.

True heroes never die. I, Optimus Prime can never be conquered.Edit: But I can be changed into a claymation model and forced to interact with a kid in a denim Autobot jacket between commercials.

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah.

Transformers is dead.

That's why they made a movie.

*moves on*

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:

The only thing that is dead is the Universe line.

16. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Having seen plan-o-grams for both W-M and Target, I can say they neither is stopping with Transformers. In fact, my local W-M is dedicating MORE space to TFs in the next layout.

17. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Probably the Latter: when 3.75" Gi Joe was discontinued at retail it took nearly four months for new shipments of it to stop arriving at stores

18. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I don't see Transformers being discontinued anytime soon. The only thing that could cause that is if the movie completely bombs and no one buys the massive piles of movie figures that you know will take up half a toy aisle. Plus the next series would have to bomb. But then again if you think about it Transformers have basically been selling themselves since the early days of Armada since both Energon and Cybertron had incredible crappy time slots. I think at the least we could see fewer figures or a line or two dropped but there will probably always be at least one line of Transformers on the shelves for some time to come, not withstanding some truly bad luck or extremely crappy decisions by Hasbro (worse than Mattel's New He-Man and Skeletor in every wave decision for the last series bad).

19. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

With all this talks of toy resets can anyone tell me if each chain has a specific "day" they do it? I'd like to do some serious toy hunting on that day so I can possibly pick up some Alts I missed out on and such.

If I called the store would they be willing to tell me?

EDIT:

Adding to the "Is transformers dead..." I kinda miss when they had breaks between lines. It seemed like the gap between BM and RiD was huge and I enjoyed saving some money between those 2 lines. Now it seems like each line ends and the next line is right there.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if you're one of the many people who doesn't like the movie toys, there will be a huge gap between Cybertron and Heroes.