is transformers dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Dec 30, 2006.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I'd question that article (as well as any other scare-mongering article from Tformers), given it sites one example. And store staff are HARDLY reliable when it comes to stock and their future intentions for new product. In other words, they don't know jack shit.

Eg. Back in late 2004 I was told by a TRU guy that they are clearancing all of Star Wars and won't be carrying it anymore because he simply didn't want to help me find something.

3. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't put any stock in that.
    One report from one location?

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    *sigh* Doesn't something like this happen every year? I'm sure they'll still carry TFs, they just need to do resets or some such.:rolleyes2 

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Tformers should be ashamed of themselves for headlining this in a tabloid journalism manner - ie, hyping and overstating the 'news' to attract attention. One example does not equal two entire chains dropping TFs.

Edit Robogeek28: Yeah, they do it every year. And every year people freak out.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:

Heh, it can be amusing to watch though!:lol 

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Isn't there a film or somehting next year?

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. That's funny, because I've taken a look at the upcoming Planograms for my Target store and it's still got Cybertron on it. Even the Leaders and Ultras are going back out as of next week -when my store does it's toys reset-. No, Target plans on carrying TFs for quit some time to come I'm affraid... only thing I didn't see on it were the BW 10th stuff, but lets face it... they've run their course. Alts, Titaniums, ALL classes of Cybertron and Classics will be out on shelves. Come to think of it... I didn't see 20th Prime either, but I haven't noticed him on clearance so it's possible that he could be getting a bump to an endcap or he just hasn't gotten marked down yet.

What really gets me is that we all know that every year, after Christmas, stock is low and they're waiting to get new stuff from the DC -my store already has a fully stocked TF aisle again thank you so go to the Brandon Target if you need the newest stuff and live around the area- and every year it's the same super freak out by a number of uninformed fans. Not really trying to rag on anyone, but I find it funny I guess, because it happens every time there's an upcoming reset. What's really funny is that half the stuff that's on the upcoming planogram was all listed as NCF in the Target computers. They're still going out...

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah and was it not reported that Target was going to be the Transformers Movie "headquarters"? I thought I remember reading that somewhere on here.

I don't think this is true at all. I just found wave two classics at both Target and Walmart and classic minicons. They are just resetting their stores, which is evident when you go in and the place is basically empty.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They're not discontinuing Transformers. Both stores are currently in their post-Christmas toy department reset, and if anything is on clearance, it's stuff they won't have space for afterwards (like Cybertron and probably DVD Prime). I was just at Target yesterday, and the entire action figures section was stripped because they were consolidating it from two aisles into one. And considering they almost completely sold out of TFs at Target this Christmas (everything but one Classics Optimus Prime) and there's the movie on the way, there's no pratical reason to drop the line.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And underlining random words in the comments as links to purchase options...

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yep, Transformers are DEFINITELY dead. There's NO CHANCE of a multi-million dollar hollywood movie coming out next year and revitalizing the line in the eyes of retail. None at all.

13. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

Tformers is a shameful website. I've seen Jack flat-out fabricate news and post it just to get hits. He only runs these websites for the ad revenue and I've seen him withhold relevant news until a specific day to generate hits on that specific day that new ad companies were going up.

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I call shennanigans.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I prefer the term, bullshitigans or shennanishit.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That the reason why news on his site are almost always a day or two behind other sites such as TFW, the Allspark or even Seibertron?

17. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

Well, one reason for that is the fact that his newsstaff is hardly active or even there anymore, and Jack is into revenue, not Transformers.

When news goes up on Tfans, it's usually because someone linked Jack to something on TFW or Allspark and he copied it. If he can, he'll try to e-mail the original source and get info/pictures so he doesn't have to credit any other sites.

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Transformers on planogram with the reset coming this week, yes the week of Dec. 31, are as follows.

Cybertron Basic
    Cybertron Deluxe
    Cybertron Ultra
    Cybertron Leader
    Classics Mini-cons
    Classics Deluxe
    Classics Voyagers
    Op/Megs 2-pack
    3" titanium figures

I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe cybertron voyagers are carry forward, and I don't know if the new titanium assortment is on the new planogram. No signs of Alternators though.

19. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

lucky you can get wave 2, i just now been able to get wave one(one more to go, stupid rodimus) i went to wal-mart in rockwall and they had transformers scattered everywhere, in the nerf section,sports,model cars,etc but not one stinkin rodimus, so i got starscream instead

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! Thanks!

I still need to get the 2-pack and some 3" titaniums.

Are you guys gonna get any 6" titaniums soon?