Is Toho not risking it with Tristar anymore ??

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by WWMEGATRON, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Is Toho avoiding Tristar on the rumored Godzilla ??

Poll closed Sep 6, 2010.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

As we all know we are both thrilled and scared of the rumored Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film. But I been thinking: Why not with Tristar ??

Don't they still have a relationship ??? I know Toho may still be wounded with the 1998 film: but why not work with them again ?? Or are they trying to avoid them as punishment for 1998??

I understood Toho executives were pissed as hell with the Tristar executives for the changes on Stan Winston's design!! If the new film gets the Green Light with Toho, Legendary Pictures and certainly Warner Brothers(been L.P. parent company): would this be a fallout from 1998 ??

My opinion is yes: whuatta'bout you ??

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I expect that Toho would let any US studio make a Godzilla film as long as they sent them loads of money and a some half decent ideas. Legendary are thinking about doing so now and Sony arn't, end of story.

If the project was Toho-led, they'd just go and make it themselves in Japan rather then messing about with clueless American folks.

3. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tristar AND Sony Lost All Rights To Godzilla After Final Wars...So NO!

4. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

SAY WHUA ?? COOOL !! Maybe Toho can hire Classic Media to put some of the English films with the Japanese linguo !!:thumb :D  as already in some of the films !!

Cross your fingers and hope guys !!! Let us hope Miramax ends up losing the rights to Godzilla vs Biollante too:ev: