Is this worthy of negative feedback?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by jtscribe, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

I bought a piece of Jetfire arm armor on Ebay because the front clips were busted off of my second one. The one I got has great front clips . . . but the back piece that clips onto the elbow is completely stinking gone.

Transformers Jetfire accessory part ARM GUARD - eBay (item 110594773006 end time Oct-10-10 00:02:12 PDT)

Now in a way I feel a bit dumb because if you look at the picture very closely, yep, the back clip is gone. Bad on me. But the seller describes the item as being in "excellent" condition. And further reading the sale description, "Items picture is EXACTLY the item you will be receiving." Which leads me to believe that he knew it was busted off, posed the pic in a way that you wouldn't notice a piece missing, and tried to cover his butt with that caveat.

(Does the elbow clip piece come off easily? Maybe I could move it from my broken one to this one . . .

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Have you contacted the seller about it? If so, what did they say?

3. jtscribe

Nothing yet.

4. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

It really depends how he reacts. If he's going to be defensive/remorseless/won't take any blame or responsibility, it might be worth a negative or a cautious neutral.

5. jointhetoyarmy

jointhetoyarmy Active Member

I would have to agree and say that you should wait for his reation first before leaving anything. Coincidentally I just sold a lot of Jetfire parts with the arm guards being two of the parts. One of the clips was broken but I didn't even realize. Sure enough it was missing in the pic as well. The buyer contacted me and we worked it out. I'm glad he did because we were both happy in the end

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Yeah I had that problem with 3 armor pieces so far... all from the same eBay'er and in a position on the pics that you can't see.... BTW this happened to complete TF's to me aswell... always from the UK :(  3 out of 3 different buyer, which all stated "I DON'T KNOW, BLAH BLAH" but they actually DO KNOW!!

But the sucky part for mr was that I bought them before receiving my JETFIRE so I had never even seen ARMOR parts up close and stupid me already gave a positive feedback :( 

7. jtscribe

Well from his tone when he got back to me he didn't realize it was missing a piece, and was pretty eager to make it right. I had a spare one that's broken on the opposite end, so between the two I can make a good one.