is this worth anything?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jmc2915, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

2. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if someone wants it really bad, they'll pay whatever it takes to get it...otherwise, if you don't want it... someone else might. Try selling it.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is a discussion better suited for Toy Discussion, so off we go!

4. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

It's pretty cool. Just throw it up on eBay and see what happens. I'm going to guess $20-$30

5. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah....but I'm questioning why its $10.50 for shipping??

6. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

fee subsidizing.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yikes at the shipping.

8. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    ....ok.....I hope the seller knows high shipping is more than enough to drive potential bidders away. Unless they're stupidly rich (or just stupid with their money)

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ebay also takes fees out of shipping. It would look better if some of that charge was put on the auction for a higher starting bid. The shipping could also be a mistake (looking at the other items listed).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

this particular piece is fragile and i wish to make sure the poster stays in the best shape possible. i should express that in the listing

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Ah ok, so....basically its because of shipping and handling to make sure it doesn't get messed up :)  That's understandable.

12. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

i changed the listing but not the shipping price. i explained why the shipping is so high. i also dislike high shipping prices but i have a reason for this. it isn't for personal gain but rather the safety of the poster

13. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

yes. honestly i think i would rather keep it and frame it with one off those frame with glass on either side so that i could hang it one way or another. but it is probable better in someone elses hands then my own

14. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Ya know, I was actually thinking about that. That would actually work out nicely like you said. You get bored of seeing one side, flip it around. :D 

15. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

i think the progress that the frame industry has made in the last 5 years has improved. which make it easier for people like us to enjoy things that are double sided much easier then making a color copy to frame also

16. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    When I sell things on ebay my shipping fees could be considered high until you look at the following:

I usually charge a flat rate of between $10 and $12 depending on the size of the item.

I use USPS and alot of the time that $10 or $12 dollars barely covers shipping once you include insurance and delivery confirmation. I take a loss on shipping costs alot of the time especially if my items sell to someone who lives on the west coast. (I live on the east coast.)

With that said, I'm not a business that has packing supplies just laying around. My shipping costs also need to cover the cost of boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, my time to carefully package the items, and the time and gas it takes to drive to and from the post office.

$10.50 IS a little steep for a poster but, those of you knocking ebay shipping costs should take what I said above into consideration.

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    GrimlockAutobot: Why do you charge a flat rate? I can understand if you are using flat rate shipping boxes (then you can tag on the price of the delivery confirmation) but those are fairly expensive rates (10.95 for a medium box and then you have to add in delivery confirmation!). If you are not using those boxes why don't you let the auction calculate the shipping rate? You include the delivery confirmation in the shipping and handling. That way if you end up with a west coast address the auction calculates the correct shipping so you dont take a loss and people closer to you would get the calculated cheaper shipping.

Offering first class (plus handling fee) for up to 13oz is also a great way to go. Usually gets there within 2-3 days as well.

18. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Depending on the copy itself and the paper its on, it might not be bad. With a good photo/picture program you can even "clean it up" so that you don't see the creases anymore prior to printing it out. Sure it wouldn't be original, but.....if its just a picture to hang on the wall......

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say anywhere between $0.25 and $0.99 .

Stuff like this isn't really worth anything at all. Yes it's old but there is virtually no market for it.

20. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

that maybe but have a copy isn't the same has have the original. why frame a copy? i feel that there are those of use that might consider something like this art