Is this Victory Leo worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chrisr291, Sep 1, 2009.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So as some of you will remember, I brought a Star Saber some weeks back and now I'd love to get my hands on a Victory Leo. I found this 1 and the guy wants 200 shipped. The only thing that concerns me is the back, it looks yellowed but he told me this
    [​IMG]

is that true? Here are more pics of the Victory Leo, is it worth 200 you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks! you guys give great advice!

UPDATE! Brought for 140... sweet

Better? The box doesn't look that great so i'd rather not buy it if it will save me some cash.

2. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

I highly, highly doubt that that is a different color plastic. I don't have one, but it definitely does look yellowed or discolored, maybe due to age rather than sundamage, etc.

See Seibertron's gallery pic here:
    Victory Leo - Toy Gallery - Photo #97

and Main Gallery Link:
    Victory Leo - G1 1989 - Toy Gallery - Photos 1 - 25

Also looks like that one is lacking some stickers & missles. See here for comparison:
    Victory Leo - Toy Gallery - Photo #37

I don't really know enough to comment on the price, but I would say it might be a little high considering the missing pieces and the box quality/color and that faded back piece. Foam is ok, but I tthink you could find better.

Hope this helps.

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I have a couple of older toys that have that off white coloration. If it was "yellowing" the wings would also be discolored. As long as it's not getting worse i'd buy it.

4. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Its not yellowing. Only thing that appears to be missing are the missles, instructions, and sticker sheet. To get everything in NM to Mint condition would be in the $300 if your lucky range I'd say $170 is not bad. Thing is are you going to try and get that stuff plus another box? If so then I'd say pass and just save up and get a complete piece. If you are not worried about that stuff then looks good.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Not great but not bad either, got mine dead mint for $250 shipped but I was lucky. Honestly I would see if you can get it knocked down to around $150 due to it's condition and missing missiles.

EDIT: Without the box definitely $150 if not $125, either way $170 is steep for just the toy.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    alright cool, i'm going to ask if he would let it go for 150 shipped then! thanks

7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

I'll sell you mine for 175 shipped with box. Check my sales thread. That guy's victory leo seems to be missing stickers.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Dude, I'm totally interested if you throw in shipping fee of US$ 30 to Malaysia! Is your box MIB C8 and above?! If so im so totally getting it from you! :D  PM me cause im committed to buy if the toy is tight. ;) 

Edit :Okay saw your sales thread, and i think im gonna pass... lol i need my MIB Victory Leo to be new-ish.
    Cheers, and hope you get a decent price and buyer for your awesome G1 Japanese stuff! :thumb 

9. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:

man, I wish you would of messaged me sooner! I just brought the other one for 140 shipped.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Damn, that's a good price. I remember selling an extra large gun alone for $80.00. Victory Leo is a must if especiallly since you already have Star Saber. This piece is one of my favorite pieces. He's guns alone make it worth the buy. :lol  Leo lion mode is just plain fun. Plus he's a triple changer too.

11. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    It isn't a question on is it worth it.

You should be lucky you almost have it. I don't. :( 

12. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    It's yellowed.

Well, that's not entirely true. One of the main factors in yellowing plastic is simply the plastic content itself. If the back piece was made in a seperate batch, the plastic content could be different, leading to differing chemical break-down time periods.

Yellowing issues are always 75% prevention and 25% blind chance. Some plastic is just bound to degrade regardless of how much care you apply. It looks like the owner took care not to purposely expose the toys to elements which could damage it, but some of that yellow is unavoidable.

13. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    NOt bad deal, not so good. I think you mya pick it up. About the yellowed part, I think it's not a problem of Yellowing.

14. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good thing I picked him up! Already in the mail!