Is this the prime we all know and love {spoilers}

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by prime78, May 23, 2011.

1. prime78

prime78 Well-Known Member

so far in the past two movies something always felt off to me about him the first movie it was the lopsided battle between him and megatron. In rotf it was his execution of demolisher and his face taking. This one though he seems like the prime who no matter what always does what is right even when those he look up to betray him

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

What are you asking? This is a new continuity so of course he isn't the same prime. I hate post like this if you don't like brutal prime (who imo is more realistic since if I was his size I too would swing blades around and shoot people in the face after I finished punching them in the stomach and then throwing them off a building) Then ignore him.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Well, yes and no. This Optimus is WAAAY more badass.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    To put it simply, this Optimus isn't noble enough for me.

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find this optimus to be as noble as we would all hope and expect him to be. This Optimus is just a noble face smasher.

6. prime78

prime78 Well-Known Member

he just never seemed very balanced in the first two movies it went from one extreme to the other where from what we have seen we get a more well rounded prime

7. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

yhea i beleive they lost a little bit of what op stands for along the way. but this is a mega movie franchise and there gonna make him do some unreal shit!

8. divet20

divet20 New Member

Why did he need to be noble?

I mean he was collecting faces.

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He most certainly is. The sooner you end a Decepticon, the less damage it can do to Earth and humans. If anything, his handful of dialogue scenes and epic speeches meet the "noble" requirement alone.

10. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    THIS!;) 

11. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Agreed. Also to the OP, you ask "Is this the prime we all know and love?". To answer you, no. There have been a lot of different Optimus Primes. You ask the question like he's supposed to be someone else. He's only one thing: MOVIEVERSE FACE TAKING OPTIMUS PRIME.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This Prime is here to stay.

13. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

(He most certainly is. The sooner you end a Decepticon, the less damage it can do to Earth and humans. If anything, his handful of dialogue scenes and epic speeches meet the "noble" requirement alone)

^^^exactly....this is how i thought prime should be when it comes to decepticons....the decepticons have killed many humans and many autobots n prime should not go easy on them....he needs to stop them no matter the cost, and the cost "a dead decepticon"....jetfire said something good "if the decepticons had their way theyd destroy the whole universe"....if prime were as soft as he was in G1 that is exactly what would happen.

14. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    It's either badass movie prime or the basketball playing GEEWUN prime. :lol 

15. KamenRiderLeo

KamenRiderLeo Iridescent Prime

Ebay:
    The Bayverse Movies have turned our good 'ol Prime into more of a Optimus Primal ( In Beast Machines ) type Prime towards the midde of the graphic novel atleast.

16. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

I love the brutal Optimus!!! He's a total war machine

17. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    looks like we have some Deception sympathisers. Maybe you would have liked it better if Demolisher had gotten a fair trial? i mean, he wasnt hurting anyone, he was just hiding out, right?

18. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Movie Prime is a total rip off. He needs to be more Noble like in the cartoons where nobody dies, you know just like the movies.

19. Dabbido

Dabbido Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this Prime, sure he is brutal, but his ideals are always there, he needs to protect the humans. Just tell me if you saw a robber, that well you know he could kill your family / friends, and you knew you could actually win, wouldnt you go all out? the sooner you end him the better. You wouldnt go "mmm Ill try to just talk to him, maybe I can change his mind" Of course we dont do that, because they always carry weapons and you know you just cant handle it XD thats exactly the case, decepticons are just brutal assassins XD you cant go soft with them! just the fact that when he fights he tries not to damage any people in the way is noble enough for me.

20. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I like how people are defending movie prime with there own speculation of things that have nothing to do with the content of the movie.

Or they pick and choose what to point out.

If you take Optimus as a whole between the movies here is what happened.

1st Movie Optimus was definately trying to protect humans and was selfless ( very optimus traditionally ) but then when he got into battle he was just 0 match for Megs only to be saved by Sam. They screwed up this part Ops is atleast a match for megs and this criticism seemed to affect ROTH.

2nd Movie Optimus seemed to have been trying to hard to make up for being so ineffectual as a fighter. They went so over the top to try and give us a tougher optimus that they lost the core of the character. Optimus also lost that selflessness even though he tries to protect sam the forest battle was just more about action and it was unbelievable that the other bots didnt know where to go to help him. BTW face taking is for NOOBs. How stupid is the line of give me your face.

I dont think they know how to write Optimus in the movies and before some idiot says this isnt G1 you gotta understand HASBRO wants G1 optimus which is why every subsequent series with Optimus his core identity has been present. He has been altered over time so many ways but his core character has stayed the same.

I think this is just what happens when you let people who have no Transformers history take the helm of our beloved franchise. Yet I hope Part 3 will be better even though both 1 and 2 are disappointing in their own ways.

Oh ya I would totally say give me your face stick a spear through it and then go all leather face on him. lol Besides ya you kill someone I dont think you get to stay in general public you either in jail or a psyche house. How would that work with your family and friends when you kill someone cause you "know they were bad" and your in jail.

Major differance is that Prime always looked for the right way to do things first and didnt revel in killing as he seemed to.