is this TF Armada? toy complete? please help me in transforming it

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vincheng2k5, Aug 23, 2006.

1. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

first off, forgive me Vin, I was too lazy to create an account, plus I figured it couldn't hurt to just use your name to make this one post on my first transformers figure I bought in about 9 years...

also please don't punish/ban me if this is not allowed, this is my first time posting here and I am sorry if I am breaking any rules by making this post... with that said, please can someone help me? much thanks in advance

could anyone actually provide scans of the instruction booklets of these two? also is the toy complete? if it's missing like a gun or something not important to joining the two together, that's fine, but I would hate to be missing an arm or something...

[​IMG]

I paid $20.00 for it today at a yard sale, did I get a good deal? I always thought it was cool when I saw the commercial with the two kids across the yard from each other who got together to combine... I also saw SuperLink (Optimus with the 4 attachments) for $20.00 but passed on it, was that smart? it was fairly new

THANKS AGAIN!

[V]

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

that appears to be Robots In Disguise.......
    im pretty sure it is.

3. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

What you have there is Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus. It appears as though they are more or less complete. Prime may be missing a little tiny gun, but you wont really miss it. Also, there should be 2 white missiles that go in the big gun pod thing that you have in front of Magnus. And www.tfracetrack.com does have some nice scans for these figures.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    oh man I have been wanting those 2 for a while now and you found htem cheap at a garage sale!!

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think you got a good deal, 20 bucks for both is aright.

Parts that may be missing

Optimus' gun (grey, red) looks like a wheel.
    4 four missiles from the ladder.

Magnus needs the missiles for his gun. But I think that is it.

Those are some of my fav figs ever....

7. vincheng2k5

damn, the site is down for me, but I went to hasbro and found some pdf files, however, the ones for Ultra Magnus are very confusing, it's like 5 steps and it's done, and I've been stuck on transforming Ultra Magnus's torso for the last half hour... could someone please take/upload photos of the transformation of Ultra Magnus's top body? if I saw color/actual toy, I think I can get it, damn black and white 5 steps and it's done, damn wings, if they weren't in the way, I don't get it honestly, wow a toy should not take this long to transform...

[V]

8. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try combining them into Omega Prime...that was an excercise that took me a good half hour the first time I tried that...and I agree the directions are horrible.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Congrats on getting Omega Prime.. You're going to crap when you see him combined.

Don't feel bad btw, this is probably one of the most complicated TF sets out there.
    Especially Ultra Magnus

Some front & back pics that may help
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/RiD/UltraMagnus078.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/RiD/UltraMagnus103.jpg

Omega Prime combo
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/RiD/OmegaPrime8.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/RiD/OmegaPrime3.jpg

maxed out!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/RiD/OmegaPrime6.jpg

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

It's a good deal of sorts, you can find each MISB for around $20 on occasion (on the 'bay, of course). I always check tfracetrack.com as stated above for directions and tfu.info for reference photos. Good luck with Omega Prime!

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Nice deal. It's posible to find them MIB for that money, but that is very rare in these last 2 years.

12. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Oooh, not a bad deal. Not to rub it in but my ma found me those 2 for $5.00 each at a yardsale. I love 'em, the Ultra Magnus looks very G1

13. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Omega Prime is great!!!

14. vincheng2k5

OMG YES!!!!!!!! and it only took like 12 hours... U_u;; but I finally have the upper torso of Ultra Magnus, question, is there really supposed to be nothing but empty space underneath his head!? that seems so flimsy and when I pushed it together to make the connection tighter, his head did pop up, seems like I'm missing something?

GOD, I see the trick now is to spread the wings really far apart...

can anyone provide a picture of the upper torso of Ultra Magnus before it goes onto Optimus to turn into Omega Prime? I think that's that last thing I need before I can finally transform it...

also, where do those 4 red pieces of Optimus go when he's in Omega Prime mode?

[​IMG]

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH EVERYONE!, now then, I don't suppose anyone here is selling the huge sword from the Japanese version of this? or the missiles and the gun I'm missing? but even without those, this is honestly one of the most awesome transformers I've ever bought

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nowhere. They're for Prime's supermode. They're not involved in the Omega Prime combination, at least not officially. People have tried to incorporate all of Prime's parts to make one uber combination, but the results are usually pretty ugly and unstable. You can take all of Prime's extra parts and make the battle station, if you need something to do with them.