Is this Reflector Fake?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Dom, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
  2. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I already compared these pics with my original reflector and with the new bootleg reflector i own and, unfortunately, they are exactly the same!!! so it is very diffcult to tell from a picture because the only real difference that mines have is that the bootleg's silver plastic is a little darker shade of silver than the original.

the only issue I could use to state if yours is real is that my bootleg did not bring the instruction booklet, nor a tec spec decoder, but that is something this guy could have added to the toy to make it look real. I am worried you will have to wait and judge for yourself when you receive it.

3. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Hate to say it, but it's 100% KO. And the seller is very clever as well. You can tell it's a KO by looking at the sprue of the rockets. He throwed that away. He beat up the box to let it look vintage. But when you look closely at the insert, a vintage one is more refined. That Wheeljack is KO as well, as all the other TF's he sold. Send him a mail you will cancel the deal, due to the fact he's selling KO's as vintages.
    This is one sneaky seller, but hey.....can't beat the diehard KO recognizers. :) 

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Agreed, this is a KO. As joopsta mentions wheeljack is a bootleg, as are all the sellers ended Transformers auctions. One giveaway the seller neglects to notice is the instructions differ from the originals. Compare the alignment of the Reflector's here, http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1986/reflectorinstructions.jpg
    with those in the posted auction.

Also, many bootleg sellers are abusing the Private Bidder option on eBay, making it harder ID and contact those who've been scammed.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    You are correct. The easiest way to tell in this auction is the close up pic of the blue one. The legs are molded left and right but this one has two right legs. There is a thin line on all three bots that are mold lines. There is a right and left to each. Also the pic of the stampings, the hand has a circle on the back which the original did not have. The missiles are a dead giveaway as was mentioned before. But even if someone goes to all the trouble of putting vintage missiles, booklete and such, the bots moldings are different. I am curious if anyone has noticed any differences in the weapons. Especially the flashcube and lens. Oh and the styrofoam on the original has circles in the foam I guess it was how it was held while forming it. The knockoff does not appear to have this.

6. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    This is all news to me! Fantastic! Are these distinguishing marks, like the 2 right legs common or just random?

Could you add this to the ongoing How to ID a KO thread and/or get Might Gaine to add this info to his highendtfs guides?

7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Damn... you guys are like CSI: TFW2005!

8. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ thread won

9. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I already reported him, I am a KO lover but I hate sellers that sell KOs as the real thing, You should report him as well.

10. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually reported thise auction the other day. Goes to show you just how much Ebay cares anymore. They never remove these listings fast enough. People that sell these KOs as orginals showed be baned and there IP and Info Blocked.. Also ebay should confirm the addresses these people use when setting up accounts so they if they do get baned they can not sign up for another account. Like once you sign up for an account ebay should send you confirmation papers to sign in the mail and not just an email.. Sure some can get around it but i believe most of these guys are too stupid to know.. BUT ebay dont care as long as they get paid..

11. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    I believe it's Hasbro that does the removals, or sends requests for removals to eBay, via eBay's Vero program for IP owners. Hasbro US took an interest about a year ago in bootleg removals, but that doesn't necessarily mean Hasbro's UK arm took the same interest.

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

This seller is pure evil, on the cyclonus auction he had, the first picture is a real boxed one, the rest are not.
    The Gnaw/Scourage seems real though, can anyone tell?

13. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Cheers guys I have sent him an email telling him where to stick it. He must have at least 3 more as there were 2 bidders above me and I got a second chance offer about 5 minutes after this finished with some BS about paypal

14. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Box is real, but you'll be getting a KO one, for sure.

15. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd really like to add this into my guide. Any pictures of these differences?