Minor/Repaint: Is this it? Frenzy Rumble 2.1 Best color scheme?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Sorry if these slight variations are getting tiresome but...

This is my 3rd thread for different variations of these guys. I've been selling these guys with this as the final color scheme and I wanted to know what you guys think. Can the colors be tweaked a bit or do they fit the bill pretty well? Also I swapped the clear red and yellow swords and canopies to bring the colors together. (RIBFIR!)

I think as far as something that people are buying the color placement fits well enough to be sure there is the least amount of chipping while keeping full movement of the figures.

Also I'm looking for more of the energon combiner jet heads that I've been using for these guys if anyone has any for cheap. I need just the heads or I could use some (15 to 20) casts of them either way.

I bought a few of the ROTF Target exclusive version but $30 for 2 heads isn't the best way to do it. I also am ending up with a ton of the jet bodies and 3 figures I don't need. If you need them PM me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DANCE OFF! Frenzy was always partial to a little breakdancing. What you didn't know that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Hmm just curious, do the jet Scrapmetal heads fit back on the headless jet bodies? :) 

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Not sure if I'm following but the stock Scrapmetal heads fit perfectly on the jet heads for a kind of terrorcon decepticon vibe. Also the original heads that fit the jets still fits in the jets but I took the tab off that holds them there so they just slide in and out but still fit tight enough not to just fall out.

Any reason why you ask?

4. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Im going there...

Rumble is NOT blue...

But I like.

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I was just pondering that you might be able to resell your leftover Superion jets with Scrapmetal heads so that it wasn't a total waste to have to buy those. (Apologies, I don't have any spare jets or casted heads to sell you.)

6. rodimuspwnzor

rodimuspwnzor Nerd-O-tron

Ebay:
    And I will continue ...

Rumble SO is blue! lookit the pics LOL

Good work lucs!

7. grufflock

grufflock Banned

Thats really cool work. Well done there dude.

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    No need for an apology buddy. I actually sold a good number of the leftover connector ports to someone for a custom custom. Bad thing about that is I still have a ton of heads and now legs and arms leftover from selling the main part of the body for the ports :D 

I might try to sell those jets with the scrapmetal heads at some point actually. I think I found someone to cast the heads for me for future customs so I won't have to decapitate perfectly good jets and it might drive the price I charge for these guys down :thumb 

9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Are these guys non-transformable?

If so... D=

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    No they transform but it's really just a simple spider-tank I think they call it. Not a whole lot to see there. Here's a pic of the original color scheme I used for these guys

[​IMG]

11. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adjust the color balance on your screens, kids!

Sorry for the derail Lucs, I think that your head swap is badass, and if I could afford to buy those bots just to use their heads, I would.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Hey man I like your enthusiasm, but do you think you could either remove those huge pics or replace them with smaller ones?

Also, thanks for all the kind replies from everyone about these guys.

13. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

coolness dude coolness:cool: 

14. C16

C16 Space Nomad

I could have sworn I asked his. How hard was it to remove the Scrapmetal heads and put on the Aeiralbot heads? How hard was it removing thos heads as well?

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

There, I fixed your mistakes:thumbs2: , also those are pretty sweet customs, no matter which one you call rumble, and which one you call frenzy

16. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Instead of answering your question of how "hard it was" I'll do you one better and give you a mini tutorial...

To remove Scrapmetal's head put a soldering iron on the pin under his head until you can pull the head off. With the combiner jet head I had to first pop the pin off the right leg to reveal a screw, remove that screw and you have to sort of pry the body apart until the head comes out. Lastly, you have to shave the neck down with a dremel to get it to fit the hole on Scrapmetal. It's all pretty doable with the right tools

Pin Popper (there's a technical name for it but it escapes me at the moment)
    Hammer
    Dremel
    Soldering Iron
    Small Phillips Screwdriver