Customs: Is this fixable?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Jan 18, 2008.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    My 20th Prime's Megatron just snapped in two at the stock when I tryed to remove the stock. Is this break fixable? If it is, what type of glue's should I use. Is there a way the joint would still be able to move?

Attached Files:

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to mine too, about a month ago. It wasn't even stressed or anything. It was literally just lying flat against the table all this time, and when I picked it up, it was like it was always broken.

Anyway, I don't think it's fixable. I've been wracking my brain around it for a long time, and I don't see how it can be fixed short of getting a new stock piece.

After an initial panic period, I realized the break isn't so bad. The stock only interfered with being properly held by Prime and Starscream, anyway. Not the end of the world.

If I had to guess, it's that having to bend the stock each time Megatron was to be held, put too much pressure on the plastic containing the hinge.

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Mine broke too, several months ago. Though the break on mine was at two points on half of the curved plastic part around the rivet. I've been meaning to see if I could fix it with some Krazy Glue, but haven't done so yet.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I just glued mine and took away the "bendability" of it. It still looks fine.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Mine did the same thing, and I lost the chunk of plastic that broke off.

It just literally broke for no reason at all, it was just sitting in a compartment in the tackle box where I store all my spare parts.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

That is exactly what happened to mine. I display my Transformers on my desk, and the Megatron gun was just being ignored for about a month. One day I picked it up and it simply broke for no reason at all.

7. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

ouchness, but nothing a little superglue wont fix :D 

8. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    happened to mine as well, cheap plastic :( 

9. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wow, all these Megatrons breaking. I really want the hinge working, sounds like I'll have to goto the trade forum and buy a new one off somebody. Thank You.