Is this even legal?!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SamiWCP, Feb 24, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Back on January 16th I bought this KO Soundwave, larger, has lights, makes sounds for 30 something. Paid for by paypal, through my credit card. A month goes by, and still nothing. So after numerous emails to the guy, trying to get this settled (he'd claimed it was shipped out on the 21st of Jan) He said give it until Wed the 14th of Feb, and if it wasn't in yet, he'd offer a refund. Wednesday came and went, and of course I hadn't heard from him--So more emails. He finally gets back to me, and offers to send another one, but wouldn't be able to do that until the END OF NEXT MONTH or he could refund me, but he couldn't do that until last weekend. I opt for the refund. He of course doesn't pay up over the weekend, but I do finally see in paypal that it shows a refund was made for the full amount. I log onto ebay tonight, now, only to see I have an alert on my account as he has now marked it off that I haven't paid for this item and that can have negative influence towards your account etc..WTF?!
    Is that right?! Can he really do that? Do I have grounds to leave negative feedback to him then? I did pay--He refunded it!

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    what a bastard

3. Ophiophagus hannah

Ophiophagus hannah Active Member

This sure sounds like grounds to leave him negative feedback. Were all your correspondences through e-mails on eBay? If so, I'd take this issue up with eBay and use those e-mails as proof of the agreement to dissolve the sale and the offer of a refund. Hopefully you can get this matter resolved quickly before this jerk causes any more trouble for you.

4. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In order to get his seller fees for the auction back, he had to file a non-paying bidder claim against you. I'm sure it's not legal, you could report him to Ebay I guess.

Legal or not, it was an asshole thing to do on his part. Not to mention dishonest.
    What a dick.

Mike

BTW, if you leave him a neg, he'll most likely neg you back. So be prepared.

5. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

1. act like nothing happened, 2. ask him to give you good feedback for a wierd transaction 3. If he does give you good feed, turn around and tell everyone what a chump he is and Neg his sorry ass.

If that doesnt work is there a unrecieved item claim/warning the BUYER can file?

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, there is. And I suggest you do so immediately Sami.
    This guy used to be good; I got a few protos off him a couple of years back. I won't be dealing with him again, after reading this.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a way to talk to an ebay security person directly, if you can do that you should be able to straighten everything out. I did that once when my account got highjacked and someone listed 2 items as me; the guy sounded very mechanical, almost made me think it was automated, but he got everything worked out.

8. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Post his user name on the "list of bad ebayer sellers".

9. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yeah, I've kept all his emails, and a lot were on ebay responses directly. And I still have the paypal listing for the refunded amount as well. It's annoying, I had no intention of listing any negative feedback, maybe it wasn't his fault that it never got here, maybe he really did ship it. But to pull this is kinda the shite. Thanks for the help though, I've also filed a claim response with them over it.

10. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you do leave him negative feedback try leaving it within the last hour of the 90 day window for leaving feedback. That's what I do and I haven't recieved negative feedback from who I've done it to, knock on wood. The person was like this jackass, but in my case it was for my coin collection.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was about to say you should do the response thing. You have proof of payment and refund. Ebay will straighten it out.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, before you go and do something you may regret. I think the first step would be to contact ebay and explain the situation. If that doesnt solve anything (which it really should) then you could go ahead and persue the situation further with the seller. But I think contacting ebay about the situation should really be your first step.

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

That's pretty much BS. I hate eBay so much these days. Now I try to shop at online stores, from board members or wait till Conventions. I can't deal with eBay now!

14. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Leave him negative feedback, and then forward all the proof to ebay. Then get them to take off the retaliatory negative feedback he leaves you too.

15. danatureboy

danatureboy Well-Known Member

A non paying bidder alert is the first of 3

If you receive three non paying bidder alerts, you will be suspended. Respond to the email that ebay sent you, this will clear things up.

Oh, and for those dicks out there who send a false pretense like "oh, refund me 100% and I'll leave you positive feedback" and then leave negative feedback once you get the refund, you guys are total jerks.

This happened to me one time, I sold a tape recorder to some drop-out university professor (who's claimed he's used thousands of these:confused:  ) was unable to operate the one I sent him, claiming "its broken you sold me a broken tape recorder". So, he sends it back and suprise, suprise the unit is set to "pause". I tell him this and he's like "oh, I've used thousands of these..blah, blah, blah" and then he tells me "refund me the full amount + shipping and I'll leave you positive feedback". I do so, and he leaves me a negative feedback. Y'see, that right there pisses me right off, because, I did everything right, at a loss, and I still get the negative feedback, and its my only negative feedback, because some WESTERN university professor who's studied for god knows how many years was unable to switch a button located on the side that is clearly marked "pause". Why do some people have to cover up their mistakes, make other people pay for it and then punish them for exposing their mistake. That doesn't make sense to me. Jackasses, the lot of you. A burden on society I say.

H M