Is this box set a good buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by noob_collection, Dec 19, 2007.

1. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

2. oldg1fan

oldg1fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have it , its a good set. The disc's are each in a plastic baggie and then placed in a book type holder each page has an opening at the top of the page to hold one disc. each page has a DW comics picture or a bunch of profile pics of gen 1 characters. the set includes an autobot faction symbol keychain and a set of DW comic pic postcards. I have had it for about a year and I am very happy with it.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  4. noob_collection

Oh, i'm sorry I didn't go searching through every page to look for one like this.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

6. nic28

nic28 warrior

I have the same set it's a great set but i bought my set off of ebay for $75 bucks a year ago.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    As of your posting, both threads were on THE FIRST PAGE in this forum--the first one only 6 threads down from yours when you posted it. The freaking titles alone should have been a big hint that they were related to your question:

Boxset Help and suggestions (posted Yesterday, 08:43 PM)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=160324

TF on dvd? (posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=160304

8. 04GHOST

04GHOST Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love mine as well:thumb 

9. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Who cares? There's no need for you to comment just to be an ass, you could just skip the post and be done with it.

To noob_collection
    I've been eying that set up as well. There's another that's quite a bit more expensive but comes in a nicer package, and apparently contains an unspecified toy. I suppose it could be a pain always having to switch the dub to english, but that's a small price to pay in comparison with the cost of collecting the American DVD releases.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Funny how that whole bit you typed relates back to you. And name-calling/personal insults are not only unnecessary, they're against the rules here.

It just bugs the crap out of me that people go on active internet forums and are too lazy to take the time to at least look through the first 2-3 pages of posts to see if their question or topic has already been posted. And they bring it on themselves to get called on it.

Getting a noob to use the search feature is practically a lost cause. But simple logic dictates to at least take a moment to check to see if a topic's already been covered.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    NVM

12. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess I made an ass of myself. I see what you're saying, it's just always bugged me when people shout "google" and the like. I figure if you don't want to help, don't, but why take the time to leave a comment otherwise? But that's your call, not mine.

But anyway, my apologies for being a dick myself, especially since this wasn't even my post. We can beez friends?

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I've got the set, and other than not being able to read the menu, i love it.

14. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have it and I love it. Yeah, the package could be better (the "book" is cardboard) but for the price I paid ($70) it is full of win.

The menus are easy to navigate even in Chinese.

15. noob_collection

It bugs the crap outta' me when people start problems just to start them...To be honest, I probably knew there were ones like this. I just wanted an opinion of people who bought this, not to be attacked and called a noob just because another asked the same question.

It would have been helpfull if you just posted the thread URL( I would of appreciated it) but instead you had to insult me? And then call someone a dick for calling you on it.

All i'm saying is just be more respectful. No one like's an ass.

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Please don't put words in my mouth: I didn't call anyone a "dick". And it is not an insult to point out the fact that you neglected to take even a moment to check to see if there were any more threads on what has become a very frequently asked question here.

And I don't start problems just to start them. I'm not like that at all. Ask anyone around here who's met me in person and they'll say I'm a decent, friendly kinda guy--the type who would even drive over 70 miles just to track down a toy for a fellow collector.

I'm repeating myself, but it irks me endlessly that newer people on active forums can't take even a moment to check to see if a topic's already been covered.

I'm glad you found the info you needed, and yes I could've just linked the thread and left it at that. But when there were already two threads on the same topic on the first page and yet you still started a new one? I mean, come on. If I hadn't pointed out the obvious, someone else would have.

And to socialvegetable: Sure, we can be friends. Go have yourself a cookie on me.

17. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Calling people names might be against the rules, good thing too because id have a few for you. IF he needs to be warned about anything the mods will handle it, i dunno if your a suck up, or just really REALLY anal... but if you didnt have something positive or beneficial to say to noob, and werent so condecending and rude... people like socialvegtable there wouldnt feel the need to apologise because they came under fire by your better-then-the-boards attitude..

i have the set dude, and I love it... its got an amazing presentation with beaitiful art on the actual DVD cases, i got it for fathers day 2 years ago and its one of my most valued posessions.