Is this actually allowed?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by rodimusconvoy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

This does NOT break any of ebay's rules.

Most of the sellers I've bought from have this same policy.

Maybe the seller had this rule before the ebay feedback change, and didn't update their rules afterward? Maybe they are tired of chasing down people for feedback? Who knows the seller's reasoning?

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Agreed. The majority of sellers I've bought from leave feedback in this fashion.

Makes sense to me since feedback is supposed to represent the other party throughout the entire transaction, which doesn't end until the buyer receives the item and is completely satisfied.

4. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Wait a second, sellers can't leave negative feedback on buyers? Where have I been?

5. Da_Last_2_Walk

Been this way since May 2008.

6. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Why did they change it?

7. Da_Last_2_Walk

Archived

8. rodimusconvoy

I think the new rule is to avoid sellers to go after you, if you have a real complaint. For instance, once I pay for my item, there is no reason for the seller to put me a negative, and in the past, if you had a 100% positive feedback and you put a negative to some sellers, the would put you a negative in return.

9. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I wish there was something to make buyers leave feedback. I have a few dozen lazy people who never left me feedback even though I left them positive the moment they paid. Policies like his are needed if you want to get feedback in return over half the time, unfortunately.

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. If something goes unintentionally wrong, like USPS damages the package or loses the package, someone steals it off your porch, the wrong item was sent, a broken (before shipping) item was sent, or, my favorite scenario which I've encountered myself, you didn't read the auction description and didn't get what you assumed, how will you handle the situation? Some buyers (and sellers) don't handle these situations well, which doesn't warrant a positive.

11. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's probably like me, I've had many people just not give me feedback at all so I no longer give feedback until I've recieved theirs. Also for the negative feedback situation, I've only ever had to give negative once or twice, and I think that they should at least reinstate the neutral feedback for sellers so that people know what happened in the transaction, you know if they never paid, or don't read the auction rules, etc.

12. rodimusconvoy

But you, as the seller, are in the duty to leave a positive feedback once you receive your money, regardless if you are going to receive either a positive or a negative or no feedback at all from the buyer, because the buyer ends his part of the deal as he was supposed to.

13. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

No. Like macabre said, buyers can be unreasonable after they have paid, and may be undeserving of positive feedback. Back in the good old days (when EBay was somewhat more reasonable and actually allowed negative feedback for buyers), I sold a Lost figure to some idiot who couldn't see that there was sticker residue on the box (even though it was plain as day in my pictures). Up until that point, I immediately left buyers positive feedback after they paid, but with this guy, he basically blackmailed me into giving me a partial refund for fear of negative feedback, and I had no recourse to reciprocate, since I had already left positive feedback for him.

Of course, none of this matters now, because EBay and its policies seem to follow the whims of buyers who have no understanding whatsoever of the difficulties that sellers encounter on EBay (not referring to you specifically, rodimusconvoy :)  ).

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    this attitude is exactly why they changed and scrapped the feedback system in it's old form....

sellers are not obligated to leave feedback at all....period....

just because someone paid does not = they must get positive feedback...

i have had folks pay for something...then harrass every day with emails "where is it, is it mailed off?" just because they are too lazy to run the tracking #.....

15. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I do not agree, Also look at it this way since the stupid new rules being put in place. feedback and DSR ratings are more important now so the seller can really be effected if buyers do not leave feedback or good ratings. Also I think its great sellers do this as it shows Ebay there bullshit ideas dont work

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I totally agree with the you pay, you get feedback thing. However, I do understand the unreasonable buyer thing as well. I think the whole system could be improved by submitting the feedback, but it is not released until both parties have done it. Also, give strikes on your account for not leaving feedback.

17. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say the same in my t&c's. i get fed up with leaving buyers feedback and them not leaving it for me. so i wont leave it until its left for me. whats the point in feedback if buyers cant be bothered to leave it to say if they were happy with the transaction.