Is this a scam??

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by AutoCon2076, Oct 4, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Im arguing putting my right-hand drive Silverstreak on eBay. So I type in "alternators silverstreak" to see what pops up. So there's four Silverstreak,s with -22- in eBay stores. Twenty of them being from one seller. Aside from the BuyOuts being a ridiculous $44.99 - $64.99 each, the auctions all share identical photos. Some auctions are all of the same robot mode pic, and others are of just the same car mode pic. They all share the same item description too - except some have a word or two switched around.

Im half tempted to report this ass. Then again, it costs money to list eBay items. Maybe if Im lucky they'll nickel & dime themselves to death.

Stupid Silverstreak Seller: PLAYIDIA

~Z

2. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

He probably used a template for each of them, and that's why they all look the same. I've seen Playdia's merchandise and I don't like his/her prices. From what I've seen Playdia is a buyer and reseller of TFs. Seems he/she buys up TFs then sells them for more than what they're worth driving up the overall market value of them on eBay.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Silverstreak is still pretty easy to find over here last I checked, in the bubble packaging. I think they're finally thinning out on shelves, but he was very common here for ages. Granted, one at cost and shipping from the UK would end up at what he is charging, but it'd be a new one.

As regards identical photos, lots of Ebayers seem to use the same thing. I know Liqdeal uses the same stock pictures of his merchandise for each duplicate listing, though granted, he only has one up at a time.

4. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Wouldn't it be easier just to do this:

PLAYIDA Store

:rolleyes2 

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Nah, I think its easier waiting for someone like yourself to come and do it for me.

~Z

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Thought so....

7. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Playidia has ridiculously high prices. If you ever pay attention to some hot item acutions (like Alt Swerve), you'd see him bid (and sometimes win) these auctions. He'd turn around and mark it up by 50% or more in his eBay stores. For all you scalper haters, add him to your list.