Is this a mint box?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smkspy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

So I just received my "mint" condition Megatron from Maybang and I don't believe this is in Mint condition look at the pics of the defects and LMK if I'm right thanks guys!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

no, it's definitely not. but before you start trying to get a refund, ask yourself this: was the figure inside damaged, and how badly do you really want the box to be super crisp? if it's an issue, just remember that places still usually ask you to pay for return shipping, so then ask yourself if that shipping cost, and time lost, is still worth it.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

No, but, it might have been mind when they sent it out and could have been damaged like that in shipping.

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

dont think so

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    MISB = Mint In Sealed Box

That just means that the item ( in this case, Megatron ) is in mint condition, and is sealed in the box. The condition of the box is never even brought up in this acronym.

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    not even close.

my brother picked up my MP05 directly from the ToyNK showroom in IL. He had to open up 2 cases (4 figures to a case I believe) to find 2 mint boxes.

7. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    If I was grading it on my store, I would say the packaging is MINT C8. I used to say packaging like that was NON-MINT C8 but too many people would assume that box had been opened and the toy was Non-Mint, when in fact all I was talking about was the factory sealed packaging.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The toy may be Mint In Box, but it is most definitely not Mint in a Mint Box. Sorry to see/hear about your troubles. And you should send it back for a new one.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is anything truly in mint condition? In my book, nothing is ever mint or "C10".

As for your box, it definately isn't in the best of conditions, but I've seen far worse too.

10. smkspy

11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah man that looks like shipping/traveling damage to me, was probably NM-M when sent out.

Moral: If you are receiving stuff in the mail you can never expect the box to be mint, unless you pay the sender to ship it in a bubble-wrapped steel case.

12. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Did you order both from the same place? If so, are you sure this isn't the non mint box one you ordered? If they are promising it to be MIMB, I would think it should be packed very well to avoid damage to the corners.

13. smkspy

THis is the box...also the box was face up and all the damage was to the back side of the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    This is why I specifically ordered my MP-5 from Toyspark on eBay; he ships everything encases in thick sheets of polystyrene, wrapped in several layers of thick parcel paper. There's never been a single mark on anything I've ordered from him, ever.

If Maybang specify MINT, then it should arrive MINT. No excuses. That box should have been FULL of those polystyrene peanuts.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i have the same problem with the two i got from there today...they arrived damaged. one was severely damaged and one only had a small dent in the side. I was quite PISSED with i pulled out the 1st box and it looked like it had been kicked around.The second is very nice except for the one slight dent you have to really look for, still though, it was the shipping that did it, they did not put enough protection around them and I am not sure if it was the shipping to me that did it, or the initial shipping to them from japan.

16. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    This is why I order from TFsource. They pack the hell out of my parcels, I've never got anything banged up like that. a small ding maybe sometimes, sure, but not THAT!

Even though I open mine, I still keep the nice box for my MP's, so I understand. I'd ask for a replacement if I were you.

17. smkspy

Nope it is the "Mint" one. The other is still on its way...I'm gonna hate to see the condition on that box.

18. smkspy

See thats fucking bullshit...They shouldn't advertise Mint if they cannot deliver. I repacked mine and shook it around. I think they just sent me a shitty box.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

it is BS, I ONLY ordered from them because they had them unmodded and they were expecting their shipment a week ago today when I ordered last sunday and they were already In the US. My other preorder was at kooltoys but i have not heard anything from there so I just ordered and took a chance. THe toy inside is fine just really wanted a perfect box like the SS I got from TFsource.

20. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

thats definitely not a mint box, but judging from that 2nd pic you posted, the shipping box looks like its been stepped on or something. It happened to me before , i ordered some alts from bbts, who does perfect packing jobs, however once one of my cardboard packages looks like it got stepped on something, messing up the bubble of a toy. It wasn't the retailers fault, and i was going to throw the packaging away anyway so i didn't really care. Ask around to see what others got, if this is a common problem someone needs to bring it to their attention. However even the most perfect packing can sometimes get ruined at the post office.