Is this a good price for a few G1 figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I know it's relative. But is this a general good price for these G1 figures?

$75 (Not including shipping)

1) Soundwave and Laserbeak.

Soundwave has his cannon's but no missiles to go in them. Has his cassette door and it works. No battery cover.

Laserbeak has one missile pod.

2) Wheeljack

No wings, No launchers, no spoilers.. :( 

3)Hound

Hound. No accessories or anything. Just figure.

4)Hoist

No fist, one wing. One missile, One pod thing.

5) Trailbreaker

Two fist, One missile. One forcefield pod.

6) Red Alert

Missile Launcher and Missie. No gun.

7) 3 Omnibots.

No weapons.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    $75 each or $75 for all of them?

3. Mewtwo

All of them. Not counting shipping.

Most of them are in good condition. Like their paint is really good still. Can't tell how loose joints they are though. No boxes or anything. Just loose figures with some accessories etc.

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an ok price, not having a complete set of accessories for a figure though really takes away ALOT from the figure though (playvalue, posebility and monetary value) - especially when it comes to things like fists, which means that you will probably need to look at picking them up later on...and look at what that would cost you now.

And if you do buy it, you need to considder that they are used toys, going by your description. I've got a few soundwaves, and generally speaking they tend to be quite loose and some are hard to get to stand up, you might luck out and get a decent one - but given the price difference I'd probably go with one of the semi recent Hasbro/Takara reissues instead.

5. Mewtwo

Yes I know about the value being less. I wasn't really getting them for the value. I just wanted to have some nice G1. I realise not having guns and stuff isn't as such a big deal (to me anyways) but yeah not having the fist is a bit of a let down. With Trailbreaker and Hoist I could switch out the hands and give one each a hand and one a missile. That works for me. But it is sad Wheeljack doesn't have his wings or spoilers.... That is what bothers me the most.

But then again it's $75 for all of them. ($100 if I include Grimlock and Swoop).

So I'm just wondering if that is an ok/good price.

6. Mewtwo

Anyone else? I kinda need to know some more opinions.

7. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Can you haggle with the owner? I don't think I'd pay over $50, especially not knowing the exact condition. Just me, though.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Maybe it be best to not sale them as a whole group, but one figure at a time. Just have the price based on how the figure looks.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    To me, no, just because I think there's too much tracking down of parts/accessories left still after that initial price.

10. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Are Swoop and grimlock unbroken with any accessories? If so, I'd recommend adding them.

Ultimately not a steal, but not a bad deal in my opinion.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this, even without accessories, add them, 25 for their bodies is a good deal

12. Mewtwo

You wouldn't pay over $50 when alone Soundwave tends to go for more then $20 on his own online?

And I am getting all the others too?

I can see the conditions. I was given pics. They look good paint wise. Of course I can't tell the condition of looseness etc.

I mean I'm getting all 3 Omnibots too. Those aren't easy to come across in a set are they?

If I do it at one figure at a time I'm looking at $20 a figure...

You are assuming I want them complete and would try to track down the pieces. I probably wont.

13. Mewtwo

Yes. They are unbroken. Grimlock has his blaster and sword. No missile launcher. Swoop only has one missile launcher and a missile.

Yeah I was thinking this too. Seems like a good deal for them. He's also going to include Blaster with his gun for $5.

Just wondering if I should for $105. Seems people here think that is too high? Because they are incomplete.

But I thought it was rather good price because individually I see them going for $20 and up... and that's not even complete either...

14. Shonuff

Shonuff Well-Known Member

Yes that's a very good price I've been ebaying for 6 yrs. now and that grimlock and swoop with most accessories would normally go for like $65 by themselves.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a complete blaster for $5, go for it, the more you are adding here, the better the deal gets, blaster only came with his gun, if the door won't open, don't force it, there are plenty of ways to make it open without breaking it

16. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, if the cassette door won't open, youtube the fix for it. It only requires you pulling out some screws and checking what's going on. At any rate Blaster complete is a GREAT deal for 5. And an unbroken swoop is a deal too (just make sure you double check the beak part).

The omnibots are not too tough to find loose with no weapons.

Still, if you were buying all of the bots in this lot individually on ebay you would pay a lot more.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Then I'd say it's a decent deal. I was just answering the question as if someone was making the offer to me, and I'd want to complete them.

18. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

It sounds like a good deal but I would be caution since the asking prices are so low.

19. Mewtwo

I thought so. I am not an expert on pricing by any means, as sometimes I see high prices sometimes low. And I can't figure out why sometimes one time it will sell for a lot and other times not. (Bid wise). But I figured it had to be a good price at least. Even if missing some accessories.

Hmm... Not to get too greedy but should I add more? I didn't want to get to much into the shipping but there is still preceptor and the contructicons.. some random gobots (Bugbite I think? and a red firebird).

So blaster only came with the gun? No cassette? Oh! So he's complete? I didn't even know that. :) 

I can't check the beak until I get it. It looks ok though. But yeah I figured if I was buying these all individually it would be a lot more. Which is why I thought this was a good deal. But then some said they wouldn't pay more then $50 or something and that made me a bit concerned. So I'm glad to see people are thinking $105 for this is a good deal. :) 

I understand. I would love to have them have all their accesories (or at least fist and in WJ's case his spoilers and wings... ) but I also understand these toys are 25+ years old. And a lot of times these pieces are missing.

Hey thanks guys. For all the input. I'm going to go through with it. :) 

Now I just wonder if I should go through with it as planned ($105) or maybe consider Perceptor and the Constructicons...

20. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:

How much is the seller looking to get for these? And do they have any accessories? Perceptor and the Constructicons (with the exception of hook) are some of the most common g1 figures it seems. But, if the price is right, depending on accessories included, I would say go for it.