Is this a good Deal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Hi,

I am thinking of selling this stuff to BBTS vintage dept for store credit to help offset the MP starscream. They are offering $200 cash or $240 store credit. THis is what I got.

G1

Blaster -complete..ears a tad bent

sixshot-complete- some discoloration and sticker damage

Ramjet- complete minus landing gear

Thrust- "

Dirge- "

Thundercracker- complete

New additions

RID

Ruination- complte

Bruticus-complete

Landfill-complete

Skidz-complete

Towline-complete

Ironhide-complete

Skyfire-complete

Beast Wars

Optimus Primal- original version has everything but missles...some discoloration on white

Rhinox- complete minus one axe

Rattrap-missing gun

Dinobot-complete

Thoughts?

Good Deal or not?

2. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I would say its almost decent, but not great, think of it this way,they are trying to make a second profit of what you have to sell them and they are obviously going to sell that stuff at a bigger profit than your own, just somthing to consider. I would like to get that ruination from you, but I'm running low on cash, how much do you want for it?

3. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Check eBay, I think you might be getting ripped.

4. Megatronwp38

yeah and they make you pay the shipping...shouldn't they?

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I sent them a list of stuff I was gonna sell they offered $800-900 cash and $1000 store credit..I put it all up on ebay and didnt even come close

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tell them you want mabe $350 or something, then you may get the price up to about $270 ish. Thats what I do, and it sometimes works.

7. Megatronwp38

so u made less or more?

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    sorry I should of clarified i made mabey $300

9. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    It is always difficult when you sell your things to a store. As a store, we have to make a profit on what you are offering so of course, it is going to be lower than market value. I don't think it matters which store you offer items to, and to be honest, it is much harder doing it on line than in person. I bought a collection today. It consisted of:

MP-01, Cybertron Prime and Megatron, Soundwave, Rumble, Frenzy, Lazerbeak, Ravage, Slugfest, and RID Prime and Magnus.

I got it all for $200 CAD. Sound like I ripped him off?

Everything was loose, MP-01 came with a box but the trailer had been put together and there was tape on it. Cybertron Prime and Megatron had no keys or missiles. Soundwave was good but all the cassettes were crap and most were missing pieces. RID Prime and Magnus were ok. The worst of it is these all came from a house where there was a smoker. They were all covered in a layer of grime that needs to be cleaned off before selling so there is work involved as well.

I am just trying to put everything in perspective. eBay can't always be a guide for what things sell for either, as much as everyone likes to quote ebay prices.

You will always be better off if you can sell things individually but if you want a good chunk of money right away, sell to a store. It is nice when you sell to someone who takes everything as well. that helps.

Spencer.

10. Megatronwp38

See thats what i want...i just want to sell it all at once...especially to a store and get store credit so i can use it to buy MP screamer and some classics. WHat would you offer? LOL :D 

11. Megatronwp38

See that's what I am afraid of. I have been lookin at ebay and the prices are pretty low on all this stuff. I mean there is a buy it now for Landfill and they are all mosc for $35 and no is biting and mine are loose. 240 sounds good to me...it will get me MP screamer and the 1st wave of classics.