Is there such a thing as a bone white/sky blue rubber tire G1 Ultra Magnus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lunar Archivist, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

The title basically sums up my question to you fine people today. :) 

Just to elaborate: I have had a couple of G1 Ultra Magnus cabs and trailers pass through my hands over the year or so since I started seriously collecting Transformers again. However, each and every rubber tire version I've seen, regardless of condition, has a bright white diecast metal chest and a slightly yellow/creamy white body which does not match the color of the former. The plastic wheel version, on the other hand, has the same white for the diecast metal and the plastic. In addition, the blue parts of the trailer and its accompanying accessories are a blueish green/turquoise color for the rubber tire version and sky blue for the plastic tire version.

So, I present the question to the experts: does a bone white/sky blue rubber tire G1 Ultra Magnus actually exist? Are all the ones I've seen that was as a result of yellowing/greening plastic or did they actually look like that from the outset?

2. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I'm far from an expert, but I think you may have seen ones that have had some color fading or discoloring due to heat or age. I have a drop-dead mint condition one from 1986 and it is bright white and vibrantly colored all the way around.

3. icefox

icefox Black GFC

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits: