Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SharkyMcShark, Aug 11, 2007.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I think there is. My favourite movie deluxe so far is Jazz. And believe me, I have... *mentally counting* 6 OTHER deluxes (INCLUDING 08BB, also Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barricade, Wreckage and Swindle), and 3 Voyagers (Prime, Screamer and Blackout).

Yet I always come back to Jazz. Even when I got 08bb I put him down after a while and went back to Jazz. This coming from someone who has been into Transformers in a big way for 14 years now (ie not a noob relatively speaking).

I just want to find out what is wrong with me because I saw the "g1 Jazz recolour has been released" thread, and a vast majority in it was like "meh Im not picking it up", as opposed to me planning a tactical sweep of every Target near me for the next few weeks to find him.

So yeah whats wrong with me? Or are there any other closet Jazz fans out there that Ive somehow missed...

2. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Nothing at all. I think that the Movie Jazz is a thing of beauty... it's a great figure (not my fave of all of them, though).

I have no desire whatsoever to get the G1 recolor - I think it's a dumb fanwank which has no place in the line whatsoever. The Final Battle one is just plain ugly to me, too... that's also out.

So no... there's nothing wrong with you. Unless you get Leader Prime and still think Jazz is better. ;) 

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Nah, same affliction here. First Movie toy I bought and planned to buy was Jazz. Love it to pieces and the movie character was a favourite for me as well. Can't wait to get Final Battle Jazz if only for the shield.

All the best
    Maz

4. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Jazz is easily one of my favorites and I fiddle with him the most.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I like Jazz quite a bit, more than Ratchet and maybe even Ironhide. Might change when I get CCBB, though

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There always seems to be that one random bot that sticks with you when you did'nt see it coming beforhand.

For some reason I can't put down Bonecrusher. Of all the movie figs I have and I always go for the Bonecrusher .

With Rid it was Slapper, BW was Injector & Noctorro, Energon was Strongarm, Classics was Rodimus and so on. Those are also the one's I did'nt buy immediately.

7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Nope, I agree with you. He's one of my favorites as well.

8. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

welcome to the 'i don't think 2008 camero bumblebee is that good at all' club!

9. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love 08BB and jazz. Most of the movie figures are pretty good.

10. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I should've picked one up when I had the chance. :( 

Now I can't find any in stores.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

No prob having a favorite character...

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah for me (in terms of movie toys) its '74 Bumblebee...I keep transforming with the little fella!

13. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I seriously hate the car deluxes, i find their legs makes them particularly hard to stand, especially Barricade... Brawl, Wreckage, Swindle stand fine but Jazz, 74' Bumbles and barricade are really hard for me to Pose. My favorite figure so far is Blackout, and the very toight voyager Prime... his back/cab makes him tricky to stand but generally hes pretty sturdy. Out of the deluxes Jazz is probably my least favorite and Wreckage/Bumbles 08 tied for favorite deluxe.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I like Jazz reasonably well. Better than Wreckage and Brawl, for sure, and about the same as Bonecrusher, Barricade, and '74 Bumblebee. I like how stocky he is, and his transformation is fun. He also has great light-piping. I just wish his "ears" were slanted backward instead of forward.... it would be closer to the CG model, and make him look a little less bunny-rabbit-like (nothing against rabbits, we had a pet one and I love the little critters.... it's just not a good look for Jazz). :) 

But hey, nothing wrong with having an unexpected favorite character! I think my most pleasant surprise in the movie figs was Starscream. I liked his 'bot mode just fine from photos before I bought him, but I expected the chunkiness and giant undercarriage of his jet mode to drive me crazy. But it doesn't! I like his plane mode a lot. Sure, it still looks like a jet sitting on top of a robot sandwich, but it hold together very solidly and looks surprisingly sleek. I know it is a successful toy when I, at 29 years old, have to fight the urge to swoosh it around making airplane noises. :) 

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    All my TF Movie figures (Leader Prime, Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, Deluxe 74 Bumblebee and Jazz) are standing up in some sort of pose but Jazz... he's doing his signature crouch thing.

Once you figure out how the arms work, he's really an awesome toy. I love them all, but Jazz is always who I reach for as well.

[​IMG]

I just love that pose...

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Jazz was one of my first movie figs with classic BB. So I like him. Funny enough when the pics first popped up of the G1 Repaint I was like, I already have the mold, buyt my wife was the one who was like "OOh that one looks cool!" I have finally turned her completely...:lol