Is there one character that you think has been done perfectly? And should be retired?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MoonRacer Prime, May 3, 2009.

1. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For example classics Ironhide seems to be just what people wanted and an animated repaint is a possibility. So is he done? Should any character be retired to make way for forgotten or all together new characters? Or should they just be repainted a hundred times like Starscream?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm not sure Ironhide is really the character to choose for making your point. I can see an argument for saying maybe a focus on other characters would be nice, but I hardly think Ironhide has suffered from overexposure.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    None......i liked more version of any charecter....except wheelie...g1 was annoying but rotf is UGLY AS SIN!!!!!!!

4. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe not retired, but Springer should probably take a breather. This is not to say that he shows up as often as some other characters, but I feel that the other 2 Autobot triple changers almost become forgotten in comparison. I mean, so far Springer has been a Botcon exclusive, a Universe toy, and he's showing up in the ROTF toyline and Fansproject is making one (granted, they're making Broadside too). I just feel that Broadside and Sandstorm need more recognition.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I think GoBots were done perfectly, and that's why they are retired.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Normally I'm not one for being tied to G1, but a movie Ironhide toy in a nice shiny red deco with black trim would be the ultimate Ironhide, for me.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Blurr. I don't feel compelled to buy another blurr figure after the animated one.
    (armada and animated did blurr successfully)

blurr needs to take a hiatus. Tracks can fill in for his product lines in the future.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Bumblebee

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this^

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    All of the non-Seeker MP figures seem like the obvious answer. Excluding those...

Eh.. not sure really.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None. Even if we do get a new Starscream every line, he is different enough to be worthy.

Are there some MOLDS that could be retired, sure but characters are fine.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Then there's the Legends version.:bowdown: 

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus as a flat nose truck.

I swear to god all his toys like that are the same.

14. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    i think we would need a break from Ultra Magnus, lately weve seen a LOT of him, toywise i think, Alpha Trion would make a better leader

15. Starscream1182

Starscream1182 Starscream1182

I think after the ROTF is released and everyone has bought the toys, Devastator should be retired, Its the coolest figure ever and it will make them more valuble for the people that own them

16. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

i think every toy can be improved upon after time. look at the evolution of the Seekers, they've gotten better from G1 to Classics/Henkei. they look the same but are more posable. i feel the same way about the Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak mold. They were Datsun 280z's before and are now 350z's, just a natural evolution. Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Red Alert are all great too. They're still Lamborghini's, but now they're Gallardo's. I think Ratchet/Iron Hide can still be improved upon. i don't like the painted windows. the bot looks like a mess when transformed and you see all the seams. i'm pretty happy with Prime/UM. Yea, i sound like a Classics/Universe fanboy, but that's just b/c i think they're great. and all the Movie TF's are ugly.

17. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This. Ironhide is not exactly the guy that comes to mind when I think of Transformers that get too many toys.

I agree with Kaotic504's opinion that every toy can be improved upon, and he used a great example with the seekers. I would still love to see a Starscream that blends qualities of the MP (articulation, proportions) and qualities of the Classic (playability/durability) with the size and difficulty of transformation falling somewhere in-between.

That being said though, I wouldn't mind seeing a break from Bumblebee, at least until (if ever) Hasbro can make him a VW Bug again (or something just similar enough VW can't sue).

This as well. I wish they had taken the opportunity to reinvent Optimus Prime in the Classics line as a non-COE truck.

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a Cybertronian mode for Bumblebee, as in MTMTE P.1 or WWI. But after that, stop.

19. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    They are retired as they are making a return as Classics/Universe 1.0 Go-Bots. I just hope they stay true to Leader1 and Cykills awsome robot head sculpts!

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd have to say G1 Megatron. Can't really improve him much from what Masterpiece gave us, durability issues aside.