Is there going to be a Wave 6 Titans Return? What happened to the last 2 box sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vehiconjunkie, Jul 21, 2017.

1. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    Is there going to be a Wave 6 Titans Return? What happened to the last 2 box sets?

No news on the Walgreens 2 pack either and suddenly Amazon stocks the Optimus Prime WFC / Orion Pax set.

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't know, but the Arcee art shown today means maybe?

They were never actually announced, just speculation on boards.

This has been released in Asia and will presumably hit Walgreens in 3-5 weeks after travelling to the US by boat.

Amazon usually lists new items with little to no fanfare.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    maybe as hascon we'll see wave6. the offerings for this years sdcc were REALLY thin

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like this should have come out a SDCC. It there more Transformers stuff going on or was the little bit of TR and PotP all?

5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Slugslinger exists and has to go somewhere. So yes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there was going to be a wave 6 they really needed to show it off at sdcc. I believe Hascon would be to late as the figure would have to go on sale around that time. I actully got a little suspicious about this right before the con because both sdcc and hascon just talk about potp, no mention of titan retuns anywhere. There is Slugslinger so he does need to go somewhere but i would expect him to just be added to a case revision.

There is a video floating around here that interviews some Hasbro employees and asks about the box sets. First the lady give the worst excuss about why the Beast Wars logo is on the Seige of Cybertron set and then say there are not doing anymore box sets. I would expect that means there will be no more box sets this year but we will see the box sets return next year.

The clone two pack was shown at sdcc but tfw2005 staff did not take any photos of it for some reason.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have to agree. Online stores (chosen prime) are already starting to get their in-stock. I'm wondering if stores are ordering movie figures over TR figures, thinking they'll sell better during the summer months, given the movie tie-in? Then come September time once the movie stuff dries up, they'll get the last wave of TR to keep the shelves flush till POTP hits in Dec/Jan (If TR initial release is anything to go by).

It would suck if this were a repeat of the last DOTM deluxe wave all over again.

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wasn't Apeface and Snap supposed to happen too?

9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Pure rumors.

10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:

The stores always ignore the Generations line. Around here they always restock RID while the TR section stays completely empty. The stores in my area are no longer an option for collecting TR.

11. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave 5 is hitting now. I would assume there will be another wave in the next 5 months. It would be dumb for them to not have a new wave of figures prior to Christmas. They've done this before where they haven't officially announced waves until the stock hit shelves, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to wait to announce it at Hascon.

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly distribution is 6 months behind, so really, go ahead and skip the last wave in my opinion. I want to see POP as soon as possible. With grimlock and scourge still wasting away on shelves I've given up on brick and mortar.

13. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Also of interest are the Ultra Magnus and Scorponok Titan Masters listed on that cereal box Trypticon poster thinger, which correspond to the other two box sets. However that doesn't mean that they're confirmed yet, just that they were, at one stage, planned. Still, being positive, they could still appear...

14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How annoying would it be if Wave 6 was just Slugslinger with a load of repacks?
    I'm confident we'll get a wave 6. The Transmissions podcast rumours seem to have changed peoples expectations. We didn't even get a rumour about Windblade right up until she was revealed. I think knowing so little, until Hasbro are ready to show 'em off, isn't that weird really.

PotP, being the final part of the Prime Wars Trilogy, comes with a lot of weight for Hasbro. i can see why they wouldn't want to dilute the news about it by showing off TR Wave 6 too. Slugslinger's already out the bag thanks to the Australian reveal months back, so why not put him out on display. No risk there.

I will say it's odd that his cardback had only wave 5 stuff on it though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. motorthing

News Credits:
    Unless He came in solid cases (unlikely) Slugslinger and three repacks would be retail death. Our retail-buds are pretty unhappy Wolfwire was a case filler in Wave 5 (straight to discount at Kapow upon release isn't a good sign) so the prospect of 3x that would lead to drastic under ordering in many cases and that would kill things right there.

I don't want that, I want TR to go out as High as it's been all through and give us three more characters that would sell well - like Autobot Targetmasters hint hint.

• Like Like x 3
  16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Totally, and the Autobot Targetmasters are such easy wins as well. Crosshairs from Kup and Pointblank from Hotrod (No wilder than Quake from Hardhead, before people start going on about how the chests don't match).
    Like I say, I'm confident we'll get Wave 6. If getting Sky Lynx right at the arse end of CW is any sort of a prescedent, we might get something pretty amazing too.

• Like Like x 3
  17. motorthing

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Here's hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    Really hope the last 2 boxes aren't cancelled, those boxes are really awesome

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's entirely possible that Hasbro wanted to leave a surprise for last wave... Maybe we'll finally get Carivac from Weirdwolf..

20. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Hasbro is drunk on movie toys right now I can totally see them ditching generations wave six to pump out more movie crap.