Is there anything wrong with being a bunny hopper.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by aman345, Aug 28, 2012.

1. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

I just want you guys opinion on this. So someone today said I should call myself capt bunny since I jump a lot. I'll admit I jump "A LOT" as well as mid air dashing, side rolling, etc. Everyone has their own style of play. Some people who play as scientists tend to fly to the highest point and pick players off with their rifle. My strategy is to just keep moving whether i'm jumping to avoid gunfire or boosting out the way to recover my energon shield. Do you think im in the wrong or that other people are just mad they cant kill me right away?

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    They're just mad.

3. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

Everyone, plays their own way. If you play more defensively by jumping, rolling, and dashing then that's how you play. I see nothing wrong with this. High Moon lets you roll and dash for a reason.

4. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I say if you're really good, or know what you're doing then its okay to bunny hop. But if you're a newbie, or just a noob that bunny hops just to annoy the shit out of someone and isn't killing anyone, or doing anything but bunny hopping... Then no it isn't okay, and you should get your face taken off by a nucleon charge rifle.

5. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Best line ever.

6. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

Trust me I get my fair share of kills. :D 

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

There is nothing wrong with it.

There is no "wrong" way to play a game online, some morons will pretend there's an unspoken code of honor that everyone is supposed to abide by saying that you can't "camp" or using certain weapons are "noobish" but the truth is it doesn't matter. If a tactic works, it's okay, just because one tactic works better that doesn't mean it's bad thing. We're playing these games to win, why shouldn't we use the most effective tactics?

The bunny hop is something that's logically done with a splash damage weapon, you want to be far away from the blast and get a top down view to hit around your target. If it works, do it, there are no dirty moves in a video game and anyone who complains is just jealous of your sweet and unsavory tactics.

Edit: Then again, I'm a Decepticon fan. I'll do anything to win.

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    When I'm a scientist, I find a high spot where no one can see me that's close to a node in Conquest. Then I use my Photon Rifle to get a bunch of kills when people are just standing there. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just my style. Sure, people get mad at me, but that's only because I found an effective way to kill them that they have not perfected themselves. If bunny hopping is your style, go with it, because there is nothing wrong with it. I tend to do it a lot with Destroyer and Infiltrator and I especially did it a lot with all classes in WFC because of the double jump.

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Eh, It's part of the game. Half the time when I see someone jumping around I'll melee them anyway. :p 

10. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Nope! Nothing Wrong with it!
    if their too incompetent to kill you, then thats their problem!

11. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    It's only wrong when it winds up ruining the game.

I know this one infiltrator I fought found a sniper nest in a Conquest game and sniped anyone attempting to take B (this was on Launch), so when I got killed twice, I used the killcam to find the nest and killed HIM because he couldn't react fast enough. But he was ruining the game.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    People get butthurt all the time in games. Just laugh at them and continue the way you are.

13. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care. My reticule goes up and down, too. I used to bunny hop like a mofo, until I got used to the dodge button.

14. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So because he was smart and sniping he was ruining the game?

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Not really, but there is everything wrong with putting periods instead of question marks at the end of your questions.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If you're using short-range explosives and not jumping you're doing it wrong.

People just get mad because they can't run at you and spam melee.

17. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

People get mad because it is annoying. It's not technically wrong, just frustrating. When people get frustrated they also usually get mouthy, ergo you get told to stand there not moving so they can kill you easier.

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jumping around when necessary is okay, but if you do it repeatably for no reason then that's just annoying.

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with bunny hopping.

There's something wrong with dashing and jumping like an idiot where it makes it seem as if you don't know what you're doing because then it's just annoying to face you and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd die, I'd choose not to fight you.

Truthfully the only people I see hopping are Destroyers and I'm positive that it has nothing to do with avoiding damage but because they want to a lot of damage. I found myself adoting this tactic naturally because the Destroyer's weapons take a while to reload so I don't want to get hit plus when I jump I can better hit their feet.

20. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. Destroyers, over any other class, will own anyone when they have the higher ground. The opposite is true too as they are terrible, compared to other classes, when trying to shoot upwards.