Is there anything we can do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Feb 13, 2012.

?

Should we Petition/Boycott Transformers?

1. Yes Petition

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. No Petition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes Boycott

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No Boycott

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Yes Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No Both

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, even though Hasbro gave us that pleasant letter essentially telling us to go screw ourselves.

Is there anyway that we could petition a release of the FE toys? Or even the tail end of the Animated line?

I guess I am just being blindly optimistic. But, I think it is quite obvious that as a fandom, dangling candy infront of us isn't exactly nice of the Evil Coporation.

Also inb4:

"HASBRO GIVES US SOOOO MANY TOYS WHY ARE YOU GOING TO BITCH ABOUT THE ONES THEY DONT!"

And.

"IT WOULDN'T BE COST EFFECTIVE IF THEY DID!"

Because, that broken record is getting old, and obviously I am not alone in our fandom that we as a fandom are growing more and more irate, especially as we grow.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 35. In the grand scheme of things...it's a damn toy.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Boycott them if you want, but that isnt really gonna work. Petition if you want, but I don't think online petitions work too well, hell, Detroit had a pretty significant amount of people petition for someone else other than Canadian "Rockers" Nickelback to play the Thanksgiving Halftime show and that didn't work out too well.

I say, if anything, shoot a (nicely worded) email to them. I would say that is the best way for them to atleast take some notice. Probably won't change this situation, but it may help in them deciding on future case assortments.

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    The broken record may be getting old, but it still sings true. If you want figures unavailable at US retail, then import or look around on eBay. Those are your two realistic options.

Your unrealistic option is to become a shareholder in Hasbro's stock and gain a controlling interest and force Hasbro to make the toys.

/Thread

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    They're toys, not food and water, we don't have a "right" to anything concerning pieces of plastic. They're a business, not a natural resource.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

In other words, we can have fun playing with the toys that we have & awaiting the ones that we're able & wanting to get in the future. Outside of playful trolling, there's really nothing to gain by freaking the fuck out, especially given that these really are just toys once you take a step back. Plus, I've got plenty of things to be stressed about in my life, and with certain people & things making it worse, the last thing I need is to add another layer to it, especially one that's a nonessential.

... so no, I'm not gonna boycot transformers because I'm currently unable to buy a HA Soundwave at Wal-Mart.

7. TheDemonDzko

I'm not freaking out. I'm just annoy'd.

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    And you think NOT giving them money is going to make them shell out more toys? If they don't have the funds, they won't make more.

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Mister Fanwank speaks the truth.

10. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    A large scale boycott would eat into Hasbro's profits, which, guess what? Reduces the budget for next year's toy lines, which includes Transformers. You would be shooting yourself in the foot if you organized something like that, which wouldn't happen anyway: fanboys have no self control.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    You can protest to the highest mountain and boycott until you go crazy, it won't matter.

They will either release them or not, probably not.

We just have to hold on to that 1% hope for now.

12. TheDemonDzko

You are kidding right?

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Got that right. For me it is just a hobby, and has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day a hobby that I am just here to enjoy. With 600+ figures (and my collection is probably small), one or two here isn't going to hurt my love of the hobby. I can't say that I wasn't a little dissapointed, but as soon as that cleared, I was more thinking about the gas/time I spent on fruitless searches on the off chance that that night may be the night I found them, and thought to my self "why couldnt they have cancelled them months ago".

As I said with the FE figures. If this is the worst situation that you have faced this week, then you live a pretty damn good life. If it isn't, I would hate to see how a lot of you react when there is an actual life crisis.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do what I did...stop buying them.

I stopped buying new tfs over 6 months ago. It's great and gives me time to focus on getting g1 series. Hasbro lost me after the poor distribution in the area I lived in (michigan). I was buying a bit too. The hunt is one thing but when it becomes a game of hide and seek and the world is the hide area it's just gone past ridiculous. It's a toy and I don't want to waste the time or energy (let alone the ridiculous mark ups) on it.

15. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    He is not kidding. By all means, don't buy what you don't like, "vote" with your money. But an arbitrary boycott won't serve anyone.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Supply and demand man. Less demand means less supply as the company shifts focus on a smaller consumer market.

17. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Fishdirt's got it right. Stop because you've lost interest, not because you want "to teach Fuckbro a lesson."

18. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro's been making some really bad business decisions within the past few years. Seriously a lot of those molds of cancelled figures must cost a pretty penny to manufacture. With the way they been constantly announcing future figures just to end up canceling them because of low interest, retailers over ordering on earlier waves I'll be amazed if there still around in the future. With all the money I've invested in this hobby, I wish I could back to the early days of being a picky selector instead of trying to expand my horizons and collect every fucking thing I see. I would do this because I've grown to love and cherish every aspect of the figures, from the various alt modes to the engineering and especially the aesthetics presented with each incarnation though its kinda hard to love this hobby when it seems that not even Hasbro themselves give two shits about it. Who knows, maybe its about time I start cutting back on figures and allocate more of my money towards other things: alcohol, drugs, and lots of videogames. :p 

Okay I'm done ranting like a mad lunatic "puts up flameshield barricade).

19. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that Hasbro has necessarily made bad business decisions, I think it's that with a less stable economy it's close to impossible to know what a solid business decision is.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  20. TheDemonDzko

Y'know I completely agree with you. The ironic part is, I hardly buy figures as is.

Also guys, seriously. Was more so looking for opinions rather then getting the Nth degree for being annoy'd at the way Hasbro and the Retailers have been handling things. (That would be a nifty band...)

Now, I know for a fact that I am just one irate customer who is not going to amount to anything in terms of making a change of our current situation in terms of really, because rest assured I know my part in the grand scheme of things. A lowly ant, that is yelling at a child that is kindly offering to feed me scraps, fair enough.

However, honestly lately it seems that not even Hasbro knows what it is doing right now in terms of buissness, because they are trying to compensate for the loss in terms of lack of profit from the Movie-line figures. Fair enough. But, why even spend the money to design, and package a product, and even buy the product from the company to just have the company say "I dun goof'd". That just seems really odd to me.

Now obviously, in any corporate machine, there are going to be goofs. But something seems very off about these Prime toys, that we are just not being given the full ammount of information on. Why have a product, that is supperior in almost every way, give a taste of it, and then replace it with a sub-par replacement? It just seems really off to me.

So, ontop of that. Like most fans I was really digging that original line, because it was nifty. Am I angry that they removed my toys? Sure. I have every right as a customer expecting a service, and not being given the fair amount as offered.

Now, i'm no buissness major. But really I think that is the farist way of looking at it. Is a boycott really the way to go about it? Probably not, and considering how low a profit Hasbro draws in from me, I'm sure it wont effect them in any way shape or form.

As for petition, don't exactly know how they work.. So I was hoping someone on the forum with the legal know how could perhaps explain the process, even though admittingly I am just thinking of that time when Family Guy got cancled and via Petition and DVD sales they brought it back on air. I know it is a terrible basis via toys. But, just a thought.

However, I was mistaken in posting this thread and I apologize fully. Considering there is a growing amount of people that regardless of what I say will tell me to stick it up my pooper. But, again fair enough.

Honestly, I've been trying to get along with ya'll but I think that has been my first mistake in thinking that a congregate of Transformers fans on the internet could get along as well as share opinions based on that franchise we all enjoy. My bad. Though again, it -is- my fault because I am the one getting butthurt about how ya'll seem to not like me, or my opinions. Which, I really should just by now know that regardless of what I do there can and will be a negative reaction. So, I apologize for wasting your time with what I assume is a useless thread at this point.

annnnnnnnnnnnd end bitchy rant.