Is there anything to do in RI?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by King_Grimlock, Jun 12, 2007.

1. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

Is there anything to do around town after the con? I did a couple of searches but have yet to find anything interesting. I don't mind having to drive a little while to find it. So if any locals have any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Providence is a nice town. I had dinner around the Brown University area and it was fun.

You could always walk to Connecticut or Massachusetts. :lol 

3. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dave and Busters, Parts Parties in the hotels. May have a halo party up in my room. Also I owe you a drink, and is the wife and little ones come up this year?

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    The question is, Is there anything to do with kids. My wife is looking for stuff to do with the boys.

5. King_Grimlock

She was planning on coming with the kids but with no room to sit at the booths they are staying at home:thumbdown  . So I'm bringing my brother and a friend this year.

If you plan on doing the halo thing, let me know. I'll bring a decent sized monitor and my 360 for more players!

Thursday night is covered because of the movie, and I may do a night of the parts party(depending on if my mates won't get bored) if I can run into some worthwhile things to bring to it beforehand. Right now I am running a little low on interesting tf parts.

6. King_Grimlock

Yeah, that's why mine decided to stay home. Haven't seen anything to occupy her during the day, and the kids are a little too young to care about anything that is going on during the weekend.

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

The State Capitol building is there, they might give tours, if you are looking for historical things.

Also here is the wikitravel page on Providence

http://wikitravel.org/en/Providence

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's $24.00 for the zoo.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I know Harlod and I were talking about having a booze fest in our room, I'm considering bringing my Modded Xbox with all the Emulators on it

10. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will have my 2 nephews with me this year, So I think my wife may take them to see a movie on friday or saturday , other than that they will be hangout out at the pool.

and yes I will take my xbox cause that is something else my nephews can do when I'm at the booth.

11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I'll be bringing my 360. Haven't decided if I'll bring my HD-DVD stuff too. Glad our room has a nice plasma HDTV in it. Probably play some Gears, and Transformers.

12. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Newport is a nice place for a drive to see the mansions then there's always Dave And Busters in the Providence Place mall. There's also the beaches and Colt State Park in Bristol. We also have the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Rhode Island, that place is pretty cool for kids. Sadly we're a small state so there's not a lot to do around here. For food Oki's Stake house has good Japanesee food.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Hmmmmmmm. Prices good? Gott check that out. :D 

14. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

40-50 bucks per person depending on if you get drinks or not. Also they cook the food infront of you and its like a show(the person cooking the food last time I went did this flip thing with an egg where he fliped it into the air and cracked it by landing in on the side edge of spatula. Took him two tries but man it was cool.) Really good food though and you get plenty of food, trust me you won't leave there hungry.

15. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

As far as Dave and Busters goes, going by my single experience there, it pretty much sucks. The games were mostly way outdated, or just the stupid kind to get tickets. The food was pricey, and I got ripped off by the establishment. Got a game card for $10. Then got to the food area and they had a special of a free $10 card with a meal ($16). They wouldn't let me return the card I just purchased even though it was only 3 or 4 minutes later. So I had to settle for a water since it was free.