Is there anything coming for Generations this fall/winter?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Now that DOTM is out of the way we can get back to the important stuff! GENERATIONS!

Has anyone heard if we are getting a fall/winter wave?

Don't get me wrong I loved the movies..(Well DOTM lacked the humor of 1&2 but it was ok) BUT every time the movies come out we get slugged by movie figures and the generations are on the back burner. The further out we get from the movies, the more content I am!

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Thunderwing and Wreck-Gar repaints on their way. Along with a three-pack of WFC repaints as a TRU exclusive. I think Amazon Unicron and MP Rodimus are part of Generations as well, not sure.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    we are getting generations black shadow and junkyard

black shadow (or on card called sky shaddow) is a remold of thunderwing like in g1

junkyard is a remold of RTS wreck-gar

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Yeah, Junkheap and Sky Shadow are reportedly coming with reissues of harder to find figures like Warpath, Wheeljack, and Kup, which should be nice for people that couldn't track them down.

I will continue to hold on to the futile hope that they will release Frenzy and Rumble under the Generations banner, Deluxe-only mandate or not.

5. Bluestreak76

Kup was hard to find? My area walmarts are swimming in Kup figures right now...same with Warpath and Thundercracker.

Any hope for a Skywarp re-release outside that 2 pack?

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Didnt the SDCC pictures show it with Wreck Gar's head?

What am I missing?

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I highly doubt it. The only reason Starscream got a second Classics mold release was because the original Classics Starscream wasn't fully G1-accurate, while the Universe 2.0 Starscream is dead-on color correct. Hasbro was just being nice about giving us fans the Botcon seekers via using the Henkei retools and a nice TC redeco. And back when that set was originally out, it was easy to find, or so I hear. If only we had known what Fansprojects would create with the City Commander, the dawn of the first true third-party accessory...

8. Bluestreak76

Yeah that Universe 2.0 SS is pretty damn nice.... So much so that I sold my Classics SS complete on ebay for a rather nice price cause I prefer the 2.0 and Im not a big decepticon fan anyhow.

I do have a few spare seekers here and there I suppose I could make a Skywarp... unless there is a cheaper KO someplace?.....or rather, what is the most accurate KO out there? The Henkei KO sold by KO Toys?

9. guard convoy

News Credits:
    no, it showed it with the third head remold based on junkion junkyard

but the toy will be called junkheap

and since someone mentioned universe 2.0 starscream. i hate that thing, worst use of the mold. it is so damn ugly

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Actually, the first Starscream was fairly accurate in updating the original toy, the Universe repaint took more cues from the cartoon instead. Neither was "more G1 accurate" than the other, just depended on which G1 you preferred ;) 

To be more accurate to the OP's question: Sky Shadow (Thunderwing remold) and Junkheap (Wreck Gar repaint/remold) are the only confirmed assortment AT THIS TIME. They are slated to start hitting in November. Presumably, we should know by October if any additional waves are coming after.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Getting stuff from KO toys isn't exactly "cheap. They may be knock offs, but you always need to be cautious of the quality and the shipping really drains your wallet. You're probably better off looking around the Junkion BST threads to see if anybody has a loose complete Skywarp for a good price or, if you're desperate, hit up the Radicons to see if you can commission a custom painted Skywarp to fill the hole in your collection.

Speak for yourself, I love the thing. Back when I used to rent old G1 cartoons from the Holloywood video down the street as a kid, I always wanted a Starscream toy, and Uni. 2.0 Screamer fits the bill perfectly.

True:lol  I'd forgotten the original Screamer toy wasn't bone white, either.

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    ^i'll stick to the classics one, which is perfect to me outside of needing paint on his face

at least mine doesn't look like a knock off :tongue: 

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Actually the Knock off Skywarp is quite good. I have him myself and would only replace him if the seekers got a different mold. He's nearly indistinguishable. I also have Ramjet, which is less good, but still quite good. They generally have the Classics-Seekers (and Classics Prime) molds figured out. The rest are eh (STEER CLEAR OF MIRAGE!).

14. Bluestreak76

I was looking at KO Classics prime.. I LOL'd cause their pic has decepticon insignias on his shoulders. I have few decal sheets of Autobot insignia's I just ordered on ebay cause I cannot stand the RTS having no emblems save the rubsign so I can correct that.

The only KO's I am interested in is their Henkei KO Skywarp, Classics Prime, and Classics Cliffjumper. I bought classics Mirage from Kmart clearance bin 2 weeks ago lol.

15. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping for a release of a Rumble/Frenzy two-pack in Generations (or whatever they want to call it, if they still want Generations to be Deluxe only). We'll also hopefully get some new molds (as well as the other promised/implied remolds, like Reflector) in 2012.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I display my Henkei Starscream on my main shelf, and a pair of Universe Starscreams on my Starscream shelf. My Classics Starscream plays the role of a background miscolored Seeker.

None of which look like knock offs. Dysphemisms don't make your point any more valid.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol nice, i love my universe starscream, the classics one does the exact job you mentioned. sadly i don't have the henkei at the moment, maybe later

18. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Yeah, I didn't like how Classics Starscream's face looked either. My local target clearanced the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp set so I bought an extra set to swap out the heads and give Starscream the Skywarp head.

19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I wish I lived where you do. Around here, it's nothing but DotM. Anyway, I think I might get Sky Shadow. I like his color scheme more than Thunderwing.

20. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Rodimus is actually listed as a TF3 Masterpiece on their IntraNet