Is there any place that states what games are considered rare?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    After a trip to my parents and going through my vast gaming collection still there, I was wondering of selling some of it but obviously have no idea if i'm sitting on a gold mine or a pile of unwanted crap.

Do any websites exist that list or show what games are considered to be of value or maybe the most rare games from older systems?

Thanks

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Closest thing you could do is check the websites for some stores that deal in retro games, and see if there's any that have extremely high prices, or are at least in very high demand.

My local game store is Featured Classic Retro Games at 1UPGames.ca , you could check there, I guess.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Holy shit Breath of Fire 3 is going for $50!! MvC2 for Xbox $90 Ok this could easily work out quite well for I. Hurray for old games :)  :D 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Your prices may vary from place to place as well, so keep in mind that's what someone is asking, not what someone is willing to pay. 1-up games is usually pretty on the ball when it comes to pricing though.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Yeesh! Those prices are awful. I can usually find Factory Sealed ones for cheaper than that.

I sometimes go by this site for pricing: http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/

But sometimes it's just best to see what people are WILLING to pay on eBay. This includes comparing bidding auctions to Buy It Nows.

6. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

You could always send them to me man. I'll put them to good use.

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I use a combination of Gamespot and Ebay. On your Gamespot account you can make a list of all your games, and it will say how many other people have that game. Normally the games with 100 or less people are pretty rare, so then I hop on Ebay and look them up.