Is there any info on the Jpn Movie Ver. Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thygriever, Feb 6, 2007.

1. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Hey! I'm new to these boards so if this was up her somewhere, i apoligize.

I just wanted to know if there's any info on the Prime toys in this magazine scan? The figure looks like the best prime i've ever seen. It's obviously battle damaged from the movie and super detailed. It looks too good to be true!

[​IMG]

Does anyone has any info or better pics than this?

Btw, which prime and megatron is that on the bottom left corner of the image? Their designs look nice as well.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Its an unused mold which seemed to have been retooled for Revoltech Convoy which is out now.

3. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    So were sure that they'll never make this into a sellable model?

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  5. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Thats the one. Its not the exact same figure but you can see the similarities. Its already released in japan and theres also a ultra magnus white repaint.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Ya

I got mine Yesterday, they are definitely nicely done, loved the White prime repaints since seeing the Dreamwave comics and since found out that the Prime I thought was a prime when I was younger was an Ultra Magnus that I am trying to strip down to the white and restore.

They have the Eighties fade on the windows, are super posable and have removable hands, you should pick them up.

There were prototype pictures and these magazine scans floating around forever, just like the Starscream MP they had revised the actual toy design but not published it until the toy was almost out.

There are also rumors that they are actually going into production of the Megatron but it has not been confirmed yet, I probably will not get him, but await the next figs they will do hopefully.

Also, I hope they will not just make Primes and Megatrons/Galvatrons through out the whole line but actually go with a couple different characters.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Retailers have been solicited for Megatron, so I believe it's pretty well confirmed at this point.

BBTS for example, although they are occasionally guilty of jumping the gun a bit:
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KAI10090&mode=retail

8. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I actually like the old preview model better. The new one definantly looks like the one from the comic book. I actually have the issue where white ultra magnus saves prime. The original design looks like a japanese version and the new one looks like an american version. I like my pointy things on primes head longer. He looks more hardcore too lol

[​IMG]

Does anyone know which prime version that is in the bottom left of the image??? That one looks nice.

BTw, off-topic but i never figured out why ultra magnus turns into a white version of optimus prime. I saw it in the comic book but it just "happened" =\

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I believe his armor collapsed because of the force at which he was hit (havent really read the comic just random images). The one at the bottom left is Superlink Grand Convoy (energon Optimus). It probably wont ever see the light of day.

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Too sad. I really like that Grand Convoy design there...:(