Is there any chance of a future classics release of Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mystic4407, Nov 1, 2010.

1. mystic4407

mystic4407 Micromaster

Ebay:
    Do you guys think we're going to eventually get a retail release of a classics Thundercracker? The Botcon and Henkei versions have gotten ridiculously expensive, and Thundercracker is the last of the G1 seekers that I need to complete my collection. I was holding out hope that Hasbro would release a Generations Thundercracker, but to no avail. I hope we get a deluxe Thundercracker after the Movie 3 stuff, along with Trailbreaker (remolded as Hoist), Arcee, and possibly some more Decepticon love with Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, and another triple changer like Blitzwing to go along with Astrotrain & Octane (err... Tankor).

Has anyone heard anything regarding Hasbro's plans to continue the Classics line after Movie 3?

2. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably not my friend! but there is an alternative, a much cheaper alternative! that is if your willing to go KO. Check it out:

chimungmung Toy Shop

Also this is suppose to be a HQ ko, even has similiar packaging to the gentei release. Plus chimungmung is a very reputable seller.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Hasbro aren't going to release a Thundercracker any sooner because people think the Botcon or Henkei versions are 'too expensive'.

It will come around when they've decided that the Classics Seeker mold has been given enough time off the shelves.

There's no info as to what their toy plans are after the movie, they don't confirm
    plans that far in advance. Generally, the toy industry is so competitive that such disclosure wouldn't be in any toy company's interest.

4. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    I would bet at some point yes, might be a few years.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hasbro's stated that they would like to do it. However, looking at the way things are shaping up now, it will take a while. For Universe they used the normal Seeker mold to produce two toys, this year in Generations they used the conehead mold to make two more. In a way it treats each release like a new one, an initial release, then a repaint/remold. That said, if they release Thundercracker, it will be after movie 3 along with Sunstorm, that's my best guess. Also they have an agreement with Fun Pub not to release a toy too similar to one they did for Botcon to maintain it's collectible nature, so expect it to be in anime light blue, not only because it's the only way to dodge the Botcon toy, but also to separate it from Dirge in retail releases.

6. mystic4407

mystic4407 Micromaster

Ebay:
    This looks nice, thanks! I was concerned that the Gentei version might not fit with my collection since I have all of Hasbro's releases with embellished wing graphics, but having a Thundercracker and a complete seeker set beats not having him... or paying a ridiculous amount for him. I will consider buying this even if it is a KO. Thanks again.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

my guess is yes,at some point. as hasbro clearly cared to go out of their way & give fans the other 5 seeker jet/bots.

8. mystic4407

mystic4407 Micromaster

Ebay:
    I realize that this is the whole reason why we haven't seen a retail release yet, and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes with the Botcon or Henkei versions. I'm just a huge fan of G1 since I grew up with it, and would like to see a retail classics release so that us semi-hardcore collectors that have to answer to our wives can justify the price. :D 

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have gentei Thundercracker but he's been MISB for over 2 years now.....

:p 

Patience guys, patience.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Hell, I am still waiting for Animated and Hasbro MP TC to come out. For some reason TC is always the last to be released.

11. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I think we get 1 of these threads every 1-2 months about whether Classics Thundercracker will come out.

What's the point in a thread like this? HasTak haven't responded with the toy in the RtS or United line up. If someone here said "NO", you're not likely going to pick up the Henkei or botcon versions anyways. So just sit back and relax. When it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, you missed out.

12. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    What they should do is release 2 molds:
    Thunderwarp and Skycracker with mixed up limbs. The collector just needs to get both and mix and match the parts together.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL "Out of their way."

Starscream is a given, in ANY toy line. Skywarp was a store-exclusive repaint. Ramjet was a retool. Wait two years for all 6 to come out in Japan, while Hasbro makes another Starscream and a no-name Rainmaker. Wait 2 more years and Hasbro decides to redeco those previous Japanese versions for a Hasbro release.

"Cared to go out of their way." Hardly.

14. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I had originally figured that there was no way Hasbro would do Thundercracker, Dirge, or Thrust. Then they did Thrust and Dirge. I'd say Thundercracker is almost certainly going to be made at some point, though there's a chance Hasbro may wait until after the Movie3 line to do so.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

They don't have to wait for anything. There is a clear and decisive interest in a "Classics" Thundercracker. If any store is willing to carry it as an exclusive in movie packaging, then game on.

16. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Don't hold your breath:p 

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I hope they do so I can have a cheap one that I can actually play with.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully we get Sunstorm first. People have had a crack at Thundercracker twice. Sure, it wasn't $10, but there were plenty to go around, especially the Henkei one. No one has had any opportunity to own a CUG Sunstorm, so I'd much rather see him first. Maybe in a 2-pack with a more G1 paintjob version of Classics Jetfire.

Edit: or a repaint of Cybertron Menasor as Omega Supreme.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a reissue but....

a new wave of Seekers based on an updated jet (please... no F-15 is still relevant to the US Military comments), maybe the F-22 like Movie Starscream or a Predator Drone?

HOWEVER, unlike past releases, send Thundercracker out first:2c: . I do like the Classics Seeker mold but i'd love to see what Takara Tomy could do today

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    following the logic that Hasbro releases a mold, then a repaint/redeco like they did with Thrust and Dirge, i wish they'd do Thundercracker and Skywarp.

i missed out on that Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp set mainly because i didn't want a white classics Prime at the time.

I think i can risk a ten spot on that KO Thundercracker (at least as a void filler) and when the Hasbro rlease comes along, put him in the Land of Misfit Toys section of my collection.