Is there an online TF price guide anywhere? Also: The Attack of the Knock Off Tanuki

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegionMaximus, Aug 5, 2010.

1. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I've been trying to use eBay to gauge how much my TFs are worth (I'm selling some), but it seems to have radically changed since last ventured there many years ago. I keep seeing BINs for astronomical prices and often no figures actually up for auction. Is there a website anywhere that has a price guide? Or an online store with reasonable prices that I could compare my figures to?

In other news, I'd love to get some opinions on this knock-off of Heinrad/Heinlad.

[​IMG]

According to Japanese mythology, tanukis use their oversized balls as drums . . . I guess the knock-off company decided the best way to emphasize that was to make them bright red.

Any idea what this fine fellow is worth? He's never been transformed, I just used him for display.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i wouldn't think it'd be worth that much, i mean i got mine sealed, *real one* for only $25, at bbts, and THEY over price.

so i'd doubt it'd be worth that much.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll often use "completed listings" on eBay, as that will tell me in the last 30 days what the same item has actually sold for. That can get difficult if one has an obscure item that doesn't generate any hits.

With a wealthy fandom here that we have, another great option is to post a "price check" thread in this forum. You'll often get a good, solid response for what any given toy is generally worth here.

I hope that helps :) 

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

cool,it's got a ying/yang symbol on the clock.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    like sq7 said, check completed listings on ebay for the best gauge of value, it varies a lot month to month, price check threads will sometimes get snide comments from people, but just ignore them, and you'll be fine

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I always figure that if someone wants to pay an eBay price, that's where they'll go, too. I'll generally try my best to get a mean, then go $5-10 below the price.

7. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. :)  I will probably post a price check at some point for some of the more unusual items, but the complete listings of eBay are helping a lot as far as general prices go. :)