Is there an online database of Transformers toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by buckmana, May 29, 2006.

1. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

I've got several Transformers and can remember the names of the older ones.

But some of the newer ones are slipping from my memory.

I'm referring to the little combining Decepticon Pretenders (I can only remember Icepick, Bristleback and Monconstructor (the name of the combined Decepticon) and some of the newer Transformers that came out with mechanical action guns (and laser viewscopes, they had a little flashing laser image when you rotated the mechanism) when the franchise was ending.

Is there an online database that catalogs their names? I would prefer one with photos, so I can match the toy to the name. English please, not another language.

I'm not really concerned with anything that came after that, Beast Wars or Armada or whatever else they're running off the mass-production line now.

2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Try www.tfu.info .

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    transformerland is ok for a database on older figures too. That one will let you look up figures and parts by rough description and color.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    www.tfu.info is your best bet. Of those you named, though, I might be able to narrow it down a bit.
    Pretender Monsters - Icepick, Bristleback, Scowl, Wildfly, Birdbrain, and Slog. Combine into Monstructor.
    The others are the Trakkons and Lightformers. Trakkons = Decepticons, Lightformers = Autobots. There's four in total, two Autobots, two Decepticons. On each side, one flyer, and one land based.
    Flying Lightformer - Deftwing. Land based - Ironfist.
    Trakkon Flyer - Fearswoop. Land Based - Calcar.

They're some of the rarer TFs to my knowledge, since in the whole time I've been collecting, I've not seen that many of them. I still own Ironfist though, he's awesome :) 

If there's any others you're not sure on give us a rough idea and I'll try to put a name to them or at the very least narrow it down a little. Congrats, you've got some nice toys there.

5. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

tfu info is very good, although they haven't updated 2006 very much. Otherwise it's an awesome site.

6. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've got my own humble TF toy site I started about 10 years ago when I was still in high school. It was created around my wanting to have a complete G1 Japanese database, but then I branched out into just about every other TF toy line. I'm always working on it so not everything is up at the moment, but I've got the sections up that you require.

www.transformervault.com

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Depending on the location of where the toy was released, those Lightformers & Trakkons had different names.

Fearswoop was also known as Black Omen while Calcar was also known as Roadraider. Same goes for the 2 Obliterators...Spark AKA Pyro and Colossus AKA Clench.

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I knew about Clench and Pyro, but I never knew about the alternate names for the Trakkons! Black Omen, nice name, reminds me I must replay Chrono Trigger some time. Kind of wasted, though, on a mostly-yellow jet :p 

9. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, it's called CM's closet.

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got a Pyro trailer that I've been hunting for a Pyro figure to go with.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My McAfee is still going crazy every time I drop by tfu.info. I don't think he's managed to eliminate that trojan yet.

But yeah, an incredible site that requires tons of work, which I would imagine is why updates come slowly.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

13. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Trojan? Uh oh, my Norton Antivirus didn't detect anything.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been an ongoing issue for a while, but I just dropped by again and nothing registered. Perhaps he's cleaned it up.

15. buckmana

Thanks for the info. :D 

I'll have to look again to see what I've got. I moved and my Transformers are in storage in another state (soon to be retrieved!!!). However, from memory, I've got Ironfist, Calcar and Fearswoop. I can't remember if I managed to obtain Deftwing.

There was one I missed though. They had this series of Autobots (Turbomasters) and Decepticons (Predators) with missile launchers. I bought most of them, but couldn't find Hurricane (he's a white Autobot) at the time.

I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to obtain second-hand Transformers (from G1). I got Rodimus Prime, Tailgate and Kickback with missing antennae recently. I also found a keyring Windcharger and clipped off the keyring circle to make him like his original release.

16. buckmana

Something that puzzles me

While browsing through the toys, there is a section on the right side that has pictures of their tv or comic appearances.

For some of them (I can't remember who, but Landmine is the most recent one I saw with this anomaly) there is a tv cartoon image.

But the characters I saw with these images were never in the original cartoon (G1).

So where do these images come from? :confused: 

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Many late G1 figures were in the three Japanese series/seasons that followed season 3. Instead of Rebirth/season 4, Japan had Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.

Headmasters featured the normal sized headmasters, targetmasters, and a few others. Masterforce focused on Pretenders, junior Headmasters, and Powermasters. Victory followed the Brainmasters.

18. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol

its a big ass closet.

like those clothing stores for big people.