Is there an expectation that Cyberverse will eventually include ALL characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by clubninja, May 18, 2011.

1. clubninja

clubninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I very rarely have interest in movie lines; however, the Cyberverse line is very appealing to me and I've already been satisfied with every figure I've picked up so far. Is there any expectation, based on official comments or reasonable speculation, that ALL characters will eventually receive this treatment? The example that triggered this question is Shockwave. I'd like to pick up Shockwave. While the Voyager looks good, I'm in no hurry, and would prefer to pick him up as a Cyberverse Commander if that option will become available. Any insights on this?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet they do. We're only on waves 1 & 2 and we've only seen a handful of characters. (only 2 wreckers for example)

3. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is Hasbro will try to make people buy both cyberverse and mechtech, by leaving out at least 1 character from cyberverse and leaving out at least one character from mechtech.
    In TF1, Frenzy was only in fast action batters, and Bonecrusher was not in fast action battlers. If you decided to not buy fast action battlers for tf1, you won't get a transforming Frenzy from fast action battlers. Deluxe Barricade came with a tiny folding Frenzy. Children liked the fast action battlers Frenzy.
    I am skipping cyberverse entirely except for some not found in mechtech. I don't believe commander powerglide will be done in mechtech later on. I do believe both crowbar police car and commander hatchet jet will get mechtech figures later on so I won't buy them yet until I see the end of the mechtech line and they are really not in mechtech.
    I already ordered commander powerglide from hasbrotoyshop.com.
    For tf2, the complete transforming constructicons and Overload were only available in legends size which i hate and to make it even harder for the customers to find, they had to make it a walmart exclusive which was really stupid. I really hate walmart exclusives bec. they are on shelves for brief periods only and are easily scalped totally. I decided to continue to avoid legends size and just buy the oversized version from kotoys.com. for tf2, no leader Fallen was also a big disappoointment.
    For tf3, I expect some more disappointments as far as the robots not coming out in more reasonable relative sizes.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'm seriously hoping for Commander Bumblebee and the other autobot cars - mainly because I collect the smaller versions of characters (playing witha voyager is much easier than a leader) - and so far DotM voyager figures have been great. So I'll get deluxe smaller figures, and then (hopefully) commander class figures for the littler guys.

I'd rather not have my BB come up to prime's head. :D 

Not too fussed over the legends (legion, I think. It's a dumb name, anyway.) though, they don't seem to hit the sweet spot of small size, detail and articulation like the commanders seem to. But that's mainly my personal habits - I think it'll eventually have some version of every character, simply because it's marketing itself as it's own thing, so it'd be dumb to leave stuff out - particuarly major characters like Shockwave.

That said - who the hell is Hatchet, and why is he taking up a spot in wave 3? :D 

5. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Cyberverse will not include ALL of the Transformers characters. Movie, maybe but not all.

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    For cyberverse, the pattern so far is smaller robots are legion size and larger robots are commander size. I don't believe we will see a commander bumblebee.

For mechtech, smaller robots are deluxe and bigger robots are voyagers and/or leaders. The exception seems to be leader bumblebee which is sort of the replacement for ultimate bumblebee and battle ops bumblebee.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Commander Shockwave with Driller playset...

One can dream.