Is there a way to get the last three seekers released

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Red Snarl, Jul 20, 2007.

1. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

For all the squawking on boards about these toys, I don't think there's anywhere near the demand out there for these to be mass released anyway. Hasbro is in the business of selling hundreds of thousands of units of a given toy. And I don't think the casual collector or new fan really cares about having all six.

So that leaves the niche market of serious Transfans - Of which 1000 or so of us already made the investment to get these (with more every day via Ebay), either by going to the con or buying them on the secondary market. So why is it that Hasbro would want to piss off half their most loyal (and likely higher spending) customers, to sell a relative handful of toys?

It's just stupid at this point. Hasbro SAID they won't make more. So if you want them, come up with the money (price get's higher every day), repaint the one's you have, or simply do without and move on.

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Using the existing seeker molds, I think the best we can hope for is a Generic Seeker (in Thundercracker colors but with light purple instead of blue) or a Ramjet repaint in Thrust colors.

Realistically? Maybe Sunstorm. More likely nothing using the existing molds since it's hard to sell so many repaints without a cartoon to give the characters meaning. G1 fans want the characters, but the general public (who make up the vast majority of the market) don't. That's why the BotCon solution seemed so ideal.

3. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Red Snarl:

Sure, I know a way to get them released, but I will need some stuff from you to work the spell:

-A mint in box, original G1 Scorponok
    -A mint in box, original G1 Fortress Maximus so he has somebody worth fighting
    -A 1930 Duesenberg. Model doesn't matter, I prefer dark red with silver accents.
    -Five Hundred Thousand Dollars in new, unmarked bills. I'll give you a free briefcase.

Once those are delivered to me, all you have to do is turn around, close your eyes, and count to 12 trillion without opening your eyes or looking around. Then the spell will be complete!

(Hey, it works for the makers of miracle diet pills.)

L_O:

I would love to see official bios and toys made for Sunstorm's buddies, yes I would, and any generic seekers.

4. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know you are frustrated (many people are), but this is like beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

Acknowledge the fact that these molds will not be released as TC, Thrust, and Dirge, and then move on with your life.

To summarize:
    1) Acknowledge.
    2) Move on.

Thank you.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Just for the sake of curiosity, how many times has this question (or one just like it) been posted here since botcon?

And my answer is to make new molds for them if people want the characters so badly. Personally, I'd rather see Thundercracker, Skywarp (yes, I know theres already a Classics Skywarp), Sunstorm, etc. with different molds from Starscream.

6. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

It does suck that the last 3 seekers never got a mass release, but I am far upset about it. It's only fair especialy now that the people who went to botcon and who have paid for it. Its likely that went they decided to do this set that they had no idea that classics were coming back or what the future was for the line and I dont really blame hasbro not wanting to have 6 similar figure out there, sure it would of been great to get a 3 pk store exclusive or something but all we can do now it paid the price it we really want it.

7. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

G2 paint schemes and maybe the drone seeker color schemes? Ghost Starscream? Anime colors?

Then don't post here?

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Backs away from thread slowly....I'm done with this kind of subject....lol

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I almost guarantee a Sunstorm release in Classics 2.0 down the road. They have the mold Why not?

10. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Yep..isn't it a great thing that you can buy Sunstorm, an unkown outside the core hardcore fans, at retail. But have to take out a 2nd mortgage on your house to pick up Thundercracker.

11. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Are there any Kitbashers willing to repaint Dirge and Thundercracker for fans who can't afford the Botcon ones? Thrust requires remolding, its a little more to ask of a kitbasher.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

They could easily release a Thundercracker, they would just have to paint him in show-accurate rather than toy-accurate colors.

13. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Yes. Let us all start a petition and picket outside of hasbro for a piece of plastic.

(sarcasm if ur bad at pointing it out.)

14. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I DID buy the Botcon non-attending set (and a spare loose set), and I would NOT have a problem with Hasbro offering somewhat modified paintjob versions of these guys in the future. Why? a couple reasons, but here is the big one: I don't feel like I can play with the Botcon figures much, if one of these Thundercrackers breaks, its almost irreplacable. I like to play with my toys, not toss them right up on ebay as soon as I get them so maybe I can put a future grandchild through college. And frankly, it was a lot of hassle to order them, but now they are on hand.

I'd actually like to see them offer Starscream (G1 original paintjob) plus modernized Thundercracker and Skywarp (modernized like Classic SS) in a box set, using the first Classic SS mold or a whole new mold. I don't really want to see those three with different molds (if Hasbro is going to do repaints, might as well be the seekers). If Hasbro wants to do different jet molds, make them different characters, and there are a lot of non-seeker Decepticon jets that never got updated. I wouldn't be bothered at all if Sunstorm and the Green Jet happened, or G2 Ramjet.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Which is a shame sense he was one of the best figures of the line.

Yeah, same here. I'd love to see official figures (whether repaints of Starscream or Ramjet) and official bios with them. I mean, if Takara can turn Sunstorm into such a popular character (and in such garish colors) than I think Hasbro can do something with the others.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

You might be on to something there.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Of -any- line.

18. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    If youre really that desperate (like me), I just take like one of each character (at the same class size usually), and run with that

ie My classic seekers lineup is Classic Screamer, Cyb Thundercracker, and Univ Skywarp!

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Too true. :D 

20. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Mirage really was an awesome figure. One of the best.