Is there a way to get in touch with Hasbro?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spider Striker, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I bought the Target Exclusive Superion yesterday, and Fireflight is missing his little gun turret/goggles piece. Not loose somewhere else in the packaging. Just gone. :( 

Was wondering if I could get in touch with Hasbro and see if the could send me the missing piece. If not, no big deal (the look is actually kinda growing on me), but it couldn't hurt to try.

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I seriously doubt you are going to get a response from them over something like that though I wish you luck.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Hasbro's policy is you send them the broken/defective toy. They send you something of equal value from the same line. Take it back and exchange it at Target, much better bet of getting a good Superion.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    DON'T SEND IT AT ALL!?!?!?!?!??!

they will NOT help you.....them jerkwads will say they will exchange it, but instead will throw the one you sent away and just send you $30 in crap from last year (that is if you are lucky). that is how i lost my Animated Wreck-gar and Universe Inferno....DON'T DO IT i got animated voyager prime (now i got two) and universe dropshot.....it ain't good

5. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

sounds like bs to me

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    they do have a parts section on there site where you can get missing parts

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is that bs? do you guys honestly except them to have extras of every toy on shelves right available for sale sitting in a room somewhere waiting for complaints? Considering the would have to include almost every universe, animated, and movie toy plus store exclusives. I have never understood why anybody would ever go that route to do a return anyway

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    they don't have spare transformer parts
    you don't understand. when it comes to returns, they NEVER have the replacement transformer. I made sure i was to be returned those two and they didn't. They don't try to see if they got it, they go to the old stock and just grab two figures and ship them thinking all is dandy. Hasbro, while they make awesome product, have a shitty return/exchange policy

reason for returning those two to them:cause you couldn't FIND Wreck-gar ANYWHERE (got the only one i ever saw) and Inferno became just as scarce (at least in my area). it was my only option and i regret it

9. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Return it to Target and get another one.
    That is your only option.

Hasbro will not give you the same toy in return and will take months to get you that. Believe me, I know. I've been through this with Hasbro before.

10. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

When Beast Wars was out, I was able to send a Broken Transmetal 2 Cheetor back to Hasbro. You know what they sent me back? A brand new *not broken* Transmetal 2 Cheetor. So while it MAY be rare, sometimes the system DOES work.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It would depend if that system is still in place now, which from what I read it probably isn't. TM 2 Cheetor is a while back now so maybe there's too much TF product these days to be able to keep to hand everything to be able to replace returned items with the exact same one. Sure someone may get lucky if when they send something back the person dealing with the problem has the same figure handy, but something tells me that for the most part whoever deals with this stuff just grabs the nearest thing of equal value and mails that.

12. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Right. Hasbro might have changed their return/exchange policy six times since then! :inquisiti 

13. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    ive never understood why everyone hates Hasbros service either, I returned to them a broken Ultimate BB sure I didnt get another back and it took a few weeks to finally be done with, they gave me my money back plus $5 more than what I payed for it. all in all id say they have good customer service.

but if you absolutely want another Superion dont send it back to them just return it to Target and get another

14. guard convoy

News Credits:
    dang i wish they did that for my problem. and why can't you understand it? i explained why i hate hasbro's customer service. they promised me a wreck-gar and inferno, and they never gave it to me and also wouldn't do anything about it when i contacted them about getting the wrong figures. now my collection has two empty spots in it that i can't fill, for them blasted figures are f'in impossible to find

15. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    my post was more centered around everyone knocking Hasbros customer service. but I do understand why some hate it ive read some pretty bad horror stories from it.

16. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Naw, was just hoping to get a replacement peice is all. Not worth any hassle. Like I said in the start of the thread, I've getting used to the look, and it's going to be displayed in upgraded combined mode anyway.

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry to dig up bad memories for some of you.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro once sent me a Nerf Gun as a replacement for missing instructions in a Starcream I had bought. All I wanted was the instructions.