Is There A Way To Figure Out Who The Designer/Sculptors Were For Several TF Lines?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 1, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I'm really curious who the actual designer/sculptors were for TF Classics and Animated. I'd like to find out how/why they designed each figure in the line the way they did.

For example, when the Four Horsemen design/sculpt something they practically take out a billboard and put it in lights saying: "Sculpted by the Four Horsemen"

When great lines like Classics and Animated come out it would be great to find out how and why they designed things a certain way and how the engineering of each figure's transformation was mapped out.

Also, when great lines like these come out it would be great for credit to go where credit is due.

Does anyone know if there is any resources online on this subject? Or is there anything that you personally know/heard that you could add to this subject?

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I would love a detailed history on each TF made with the original design and the sculptor. That would be very interesting indeed.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    every now and then someone will have a chance to interview a sculptor and they will mention their favorite creations, but for the mostpart its a bit of a mystery...i too would love to know more details...

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember the interview with the non-Japanese guy working at Takara (Alex-something I think) who designed Classics Bumblebee and Mirage, and Real Gear Booster. I don't think he was a sculptor though.

5. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Aaron Archer did a lot of the past few lines, as well as Alex Kubalsky who designed the movie line, there's a lot of un-named designers as well who's concepts get used in the line.

6. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wonder if the designers were known would they develop their own fan base? You know, like how some comic artists have fans who will buy any book they draw. I bet they would.

7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if there was some sort of database regarding sculptors and designers!

8. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for G1 but this is a very neat set of pages, the G1 patents, with the names of the designers. its interesting to see the different styles that the designers used.

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vpatents.html

theres a few ways in, i tend to copy the link to each bot and paste it from there.

so for eg a certain Shinohara Muneyoshi designed devastator!

at the bottom these also some miscellaneous ones for toys like the microman magnum, and the orb robos that were recoloured for the kiss player line (well i think they were in the kiss player line)