Is there a united Prime Voyager Class: Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Feb 18, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a Japanese Prime Voyager Class: Megatron?

One with better colors?

Attached Files:

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

:sly2:  "United" and "Prime" are completely different toylines in Japan. There is no such thing as "United Prime".

That said, no they haven't released Prime Voyager Megatron in Japan. I'm sure they will eventually but not any time soon.

3. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I actually like the RID Prime Voyager Megatron, almost picked it up from TRU the other day, but not for $27...

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not anytime soon? I imagine it would be sometime this year, no?

Anyway, I'm waiting. I just can't pull the trigger on the domestic version. Those colours! :( 

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I think the early Hasbro waves are going to be the next Takara assortments.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's no United Prime Megatron. There will be however a Takara Version of MEgatron with a better paint scheme int he future no doubt.

7. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's Deluxe Megatron anyway, isn't it?

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm so glad that this was just plain cleared up first response.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No that's the RiD voyager.

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is a Takara First Edition Deluxe Megatron (with better silver paint apps; similar to the Entertainment Pack with Deluxe Optimus and the three PVC kids) but I think he's scarce these days due to the news of the FE line's cancelation. But there is no Takara version of the Voyager Megatron mold just yet. No doubt he will be released but I surmise it'll be after April or during the summer (TF Prime the show starts airing in Japan in April, I believe).

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Unless it doesn't have a better paint scheme, which would be pretty hilarious.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really understand why everyone assumes the Takara Prime stuff will have better paint schemes/more paint apps. Most of them are either worse or look practically the same with a few minor differences in color. Same could be said with the movie stuff.

13. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

remember DOTM Sideswipe, lol.

no silver paints at all.

this reminds me...I hope we see some good quality photos of the Takara PRID decos soon so I know whether or not to pounce on hasbro's arcee or not.

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not always but a majority of the time the Takara versions do look a lot better with more paint apps on the whole. To be fair, sometimes the choice of metallic paint does detract from the accuracy of the figure to the character model (United Wheeljack vs. Generations Wheeljack being a good example). Takara tends to go for accuracy when they can. Doesn't always translate well (again, Wheeljack), but they likes their shiny metallic paint and plastic with metallic flake and shiny chrome, and adult collectors tend to like shiny things too.

Oftentimes it works in their favor, like TFP FE Cliffjumper (awesome mold, awesome colors). And even if it's not show or movie accurate, the toys often end up looking quite nicer for it (TFP FE Optimus and Bulkhead; great figures). Sometimes the difference is negligible (like with TFP FE Arcee, Bumblebee, and Starscream; I went with the Hasbro versions instead to save on costs). Aesthetics are subjective, however, and everyone's individual budgets for toys will differ (Takara versions are almost always more expensive to import), but to each his own.

Back on topic, well, it can't get anymore bare bones with Hasbro's TFP Powerizer/Voyager Megatron. He barely has any silver paint to speak of, and utilizes a lot of dull gray and tan brown plastic. Kinda reminds me of the vast differences in paint schemes between ROTF Leader Starscream and MP-M01 Starscream. So I don't see how Takara could skimp on the paint on the Powerizer/Voyager Megatron mold even more than Hasbro did, unless they screw it up royally and paint Megatron lime green or something out of left field like that.

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since Hasbro has issue the Voyager Megatron under RID,is just a matter of time before it is issue under Takara version