Is there a Transformer movie coming in 4 months?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I appreciate the secrecy and the approach that Bay has taken with showing very little in the trailer and the silence that hit after the trailer, it amazes me that there is a TF movie coming in a few months and nothing new has officially been revealed.

I mean there are like 5 minute clips of Spiderman out on the net (officially released), and while I wouldn't want that much spoiled in the TF movie, it would be nice to see a bit more appetite-whetting promotional stuff starting to trickle in. Photos showing more than Sam, a new movie poster, etc etc.

Anyway, in the end I do like this approach, as it forces us to wait and see, but at the same time, when they made the changes to this movie to appeal to, not only the fans, but also the wider audience, they didn't seem to consider that the wider audience seems to react to little teases here and there.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There is a Transformers movie coming out?

Really?

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Well, there's a teaser that shows some bots, we have pics of the bots designs, the toys...there are things we can see that proves a movie is on its way.

4. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

Transformers movie?????? No way! Holy crap we landed on the moon?!?!?

:D 

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Isn't there a Transformers Movie Forum?

Yes...Yes there is.

:lolol 

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yes, but is there a Transmorphers Movie Forum?
    Is there, Joe?
    Is there?

7. valentine75

valentine75 Looking for the allspark

Ok are you all being serious here

8. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

There's new trailer coming out in a month or so acording to a previous interview with Lorenzo di Bonaventura somewhere...

I think it's good we haven't se much at all... Saw the spider-man 3 trailer yesterday... to much was shown... in my opinion...

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    o_O 

this thread -.-'

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The Spiderman 3 Trailer and promotional stuff is quite possibly the WORST way to promote the movie. They showed NUMEROUS key and pivotal scenes and even had an entire fight scene available to view online. Instead of wetting our appetites they're drowning us in the meat and potatoes of the film. I'm glad bay and Co are keeping such a tight lid on the important parts of the movie, it means when I actually go see the movie the big scenes will actually surprise and awe me.

Though I still would love to see more pics of the bots.

Edit: Also, the OP is saying in a round-about way that they're keeping such a tight lid on things that most people don't even know this movie is being made. As opposed to the other numerous summer blockbusters that you just can't seem to avoid being thrown at you.

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your comparison to Spidey would be accurate if they opened on the same day. But Spidey opens, almost to the day, two months earlier than Transformers, so you've got to compare how much Spidey advertising there was two months ago to how much Transformers advertising there is now.

I do feel your frustration, because I'm just as anxious to see what's down the pipeline, but it isn't exactly like Speilberg's never sold a movie before, so I don't think its fair for people on the internet to criticize his technique for selling this movie.

In a couple of months, you won't be able to leave your house without being assaulted by the Transformers name, be it in movie advertising or merchandise, and we'll start to see the threads that say:

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What is this Transformers movie you speak of?

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

While I would like to see a trailer for Transformers showing just a bit more, it's 4 months away, as apposed to Spider-man 3 being only 2 months away. Maybe that is why we're seeing more Spider-man 3 trailers..by the way...the new Spidey trailer is awesome.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow the only intelligable, non-sarcastic response to a question. But then, I'm posting on 2005's boards, I expected no less. Just thought I'd get some opinions on the way the movie is being promoted. And general discussion is General Discussion, which includes, but is not limited to the movie. But then again, I don't run these boards, so yeah. I should have less rules on a friendly toy board than I should at my work place, hehehe. "Guess we live and loin" - Ratrap.

15. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take offense to that.

My answer wasn't sarcastic.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you're right, apologese :) 

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally, I hope we don't see much of anything in the upcoming trailer. I think the teaser did just fine The one online)...what they did show of the robots it was split second flashes, not showing much at all. There was no denying there were giant robots wrecking shit, but details were nil. I want to be surprised when I go to see the movie:D 

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I agree with the "less is more" approach to trailers.

There is way too much Spider-man 3 media floating about right now.
    I hope Transformers does not do the same thing.

A friend of mine just sent me an email with a bunch of screen captures from Spider-man 3. I thanked him for thinking of me, but I am not going to look at them until after the movie.

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Not being a fan of either of the prevous SPIDER-MAN movies I'm probably biased, but I thought the trailer to the third movie was pure, over-blown tosh. To me it promises a film that seems intent on collapsing under it's own plot contrivances, and insisted on showing most of them then & there.

I definately want exposure to the actual Transformers to be minimal until I see the film itself. Then again, we must see something in the next trailer, if only to tell those not in the know some more about the concept of the franchise itself (there will be quite a few out there to whom the name "transformers" means little!)

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Difference here, is that they don't want to reveal too much of the Transformers before release. In Spiderman, everyone knows what he looks like. In Transformers, they don't want you to see what they look like until you are in the theater. The movie revolves around the TF. There isn't very much they can show you in the trailers anyway.