Is there a Robotech Valkyrie toy that is sized appropriately with MP10?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And all of the other "new size" TF MPs?

I was watching a review of one of the Robotech Masterpeice Valkyries and it looks really neat, but I couldn't tell how big it was from the video. Are there scale pics out there somewhere?

I was also looking around online and it seems like there are several sizes of the modern toys from that line...

Edit: and by "sized properly" I mean maybe just an inch or two taller than MP10 in robot mode, though even the same height would be OK too, I suppose...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad TFW2005 Supporter

There aren't any perfect options for the size your looking for, but you have options. The one that would problably be the closest to the size your looking for would be the Toynami Masterpiece VF-1. I don't recomend it though, it's not bad but no Masterpiece. Here is a review
    http://http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1170

What I do recomend is the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 version 2. This is a little shorter than MP-10 but is the best toy based on the VF-1 to date. Here it is next to a bunch of stuff ( the Optimus is MP-01 )
    160vslots.jpg
    and here is a review. Pay attention to what he says about the early releases and the faulty shoulders. The later versions are perfect.
    http://http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

Your last option is the Yamato 1/48 scale. It's an older release that is almost, but not quite, as good as the 1/60. Here it is next to MP-03
    ssvs148.jpg
    and here is a review
    http://http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=178

If you want one that looks as close to Jetfire as possible, get one that is called VF-1s Hikaru with super pack. VF-1 is the model of the jet, s is the type of head it uses, Hikaru is the name of the pilot that uses a red highlighted jet, and the super pack are those boosters on top of the jet and the fuel packs on the legs/engines.

3. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very good stuff there. I'm a big Robotech fan, and have collected some of the releases over the years, including some of the Toynami stuff. I always felt that the Bandai 1/48 scale was the best, as it was the classic version that I grew up with.

I've seen the 1/60 scale Yamatos for sale at conventions, but never picked one up. I may have to rethink that now based on some of these reviews. It sounds and looks pretty good.

4. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    1/60 Yamato Macross Valkyries are all masterpieces in their own right. Absolute class. I'm not into Macross fiction (I've only ever seen the movie), but those models are just incredible. And yes, Hikaru's VF-1s can make a good Jetfire.

5. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the 1/48 and it looks almost perfect next to MP 10. Will add a photo tomorrow if I've time.

6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

The 80's kid inside me prefers the Bandai 1/55 reissues of the classic 80's Valkyries (Jetfire mold). I had Jetfire as a kid and love that mold so that was the route for me.

I think the Yamato 1/60 line offers the largest amount of Valkyries so if I wanted an army of Valkyries I'd go for that line.

As for the topic at hand, as pointed out already, I think the Yamato 1/48 scale Valkyrie is the best option for a Masterpiece Jetfire.

7. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the 1/48 looks best, size wise. Now to see about hunting one down... I'm sure they're crazy expensive...

Thanks for the info guys!

8. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
  11. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad TFW2005 Supporter

It's about time one of you Macrossheads showed up.:p  I've been fealling like the unofficial Macross/Robotech ringleader lately. Ladies and Gentlemen, Macross/Robotech stuff right this way! Sit back and be amazed!:lol 

I can't believe I didn't remember to mention the Macross thread though. Definately the place to be asking about this stuff. These guys are great people and know this stuff inside out.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry, I would've thought that the largest replied thread in the Toyark didn't need introductions. :lol 

13. pdemaio

pdemaio Member

+1 on the 1/48 yamato. I have one and it looks great with my other autobots...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.