Is there a matrix in animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by siekone, Apr 21, 2009.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Has this ever been brought up before or heard of? Any news or confirmation from the animated crew about a matrix?

2. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Well

The term "Well of Allsparks" have been mentioned several times in the series much like how we would refer to "heaven" and how the Maximals refer to the matrix in Beast Wars and Beast Machine. So I supposed it's there, just with a different title. So the "Well of Allsparks" or the Allspark itself is the Animated's equivalent of matrix

3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yes, there is. They call it the Allspark.

4. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Yes there is, the Autobots were in it last episode. ;) 

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i see what you did there

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The Allspark was pulled apart in the same way of the Matrix in Transform & Roll Out

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I wouldn't consider the Allspark the same thing as the Matrix.

From the attention paid to it in a couple of episodes this season, seems likely the Magnus Hammer carries some significance, maybe being the equivalent of the Animatedverse's Matrix of Leadership.

8. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically, no, but that thing on Super Sari's chest kind of looks like the Matrix.

9. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

oh there is one. just ask creepysarifan. he knows exactly where it is. he stares at it everyday.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The Allspark is either the Matrix or something that eventually becomes the Matrix.

11. CreepySariFan

CreepySariFan BothersomePest

Now only if I could touch it...

12. SariLover

SariLover Member

Amen.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

:confused2 

14. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    yea, this was brought up quite a while ago... but still, i think that we decided in the other thread that it was the "thundamagnus hammer".

15. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Yep. Gonna say the Magnus Hammer. Which Shockwave now has....

Not good.

16. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    no.... its VERY good...muhahahahahahahahahahahaha

17. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

creepier and creepier. but maybe you can. either you send yourself to tfa or buy a sari toy

18. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Great, now we have two creepy Sari 'fans'...

I don't think the Magnus Hammer / Stormbringer is intended to be a secret Matrix. I bet it's very powerful and maybe has a ceremonial function, but to have it be a Matrix makes no sense to me whatsoever.

19. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless The Touch by Stan Bush starts playing when the Magnus Hammer is used, I'm not convinced.

20. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Conceptually, the Allspark and the Key are collectively a blending of concepts that make them the Animated incarnations of both the "Matrix" and "Vector Sigma".

The Allspark itself (or at least it's casing) is obviously based on the Matrix visually, but it's (potentially) unique ability to grant life/sparks to non-sentient machines, spherical shape, and apparent possession of some kind of independent intelligence make it more of a Vector Sigma analog.

The Key on the other hand, while based visually on the Key to Vector Sigma (which makes sense given the similarity the Allspark has to that), is closer conceptually to the Matrix. Not only does it appear to contain some/all of the Allspark's essence/wisdom, like it's "parent" it can bestow/restore Transformer life. It's like a portable gateway to/agent of the Allspark, which fits perfectly with the general portrayal of the Matrix in other continuities. (This makes the design on Sari's chest once she absorbs the Key's powers all the more... interesting.)

It's obviously got some kind of significance we don't know about yet, as it's the first thing Cliffjumper asks about upon finding Ultra Magnus, and he makes a special point of mentioning it was stolen when reporting the incident to the Autobots on Earth. This would be extremely odd if it wasn't vitally important in some way that the audience doesn't know about, but the in-show cast does.

It's ability to call forth lightning is a step above most of the "standard" weaponry/powers in the series.

A while back it was rumored/spoiler-ed that Optimus would "get to wield a weapon other than his axe" for the finale.

And given the characterization of the Autobot Leaders in this series, I wouldn't put it past them to attempt to duplicate the Allspark in some way. (This is possibly even hinted at by those murals on the walls of the Council Room. They're clearly constructing something, and the Allspark is shown. I don't believe those are meant to indicate they're constructing that as the creators have said that it's origin will not be revealed in the series.)

It actually makes quite a bit of sense that Stormbringer might be some kind of experimental, weaponized "Quasi-Allspark".