Is there a loop hole?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, Jun 13, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    TRU is advertising this week that if you spend $25 or more, they give you a free $5 gift card which is transformers color coded. So my inquiry is, If I were to take the gift card, spend it along with twenty bucks, would I get another card and thus actually be spending $20 out of pocket from then on aside from the initial $25?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    You get the card AFTER you pay, however, you may spend $25, get the card, and then pay again and use the card. It is not a $5 coupon off a $25 purchase.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Right, but on how it is advertised, "$25 dollar purchase", could technically mean that the second time u show up, u use 20 in cash plus 5 in gift card= 25 dollar purchase thus another gift card?

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

That sounds right. The gift card is just a method of payment, not a coupon. You should be able to use it on a second purchase and still get another gift card for that second purchase if the total is over $25.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yesterday I bought leader prime and starscream from there, so I got a 10 dollar gift card 9because of how much I spent), left the store, walked back in, and grabbed ironhide and got him for 10 bucks.

it was pretty cool.

6. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everytime I have spent $50 in years past. They always said that it you only get one $5 gift card and not 2 because it applies only to the first $25 that you spend. So I wind up spending $25 the first time and drop off the toy at my car and then turn right around and go back and spend another $25, So I can get another $5 gift card.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It works, it works!!!! I got two titaniums and a Cybertron scout class basically free!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    when does this deal end?

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Dont know

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Today

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got my gift card for buying Megatron - haven't used it yet, but it has Bumblebee on it.

12. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have this card too, sitting on my kitchen table, after I bought Voyager Blackout and Ironhide. I haven't gone back yet for anything else, but maybe I will tomorrow!

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I knowi live in Canada,But if it was here in Canada,I would buy Ironhide/Star scream/Blackout.

14. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went yesterday and bought the Desert Attack and the cashier rung it up and started to give me my total, then stopped and said I forgot to give you your $5 gift card. The next thing I know, my bill was $5 cheaper and she handed me the gift card to keep. Now I got the 2 pack for $21 bucks and I don't have to waste a trip back to use it.

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Sounds like the cashier didn't know what she was doing. But I guess it worked out for you.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Fraid not, there's usually a clause on the card on the back stating something about not to be used with other promotions. Though sometimes they do fall through the cracks, but it's not likely. Companies use this often to make you spend money, so amassing 5 of these at once won't let you get one for free either. Usually the promotion use, negates your total to meet the requirement, sometimes it can though. It really depends on employee training, and familiarity to you or the company among other aspects. So take it at face value unless you really want to be persistant and read all the fine print. Otherwise just be happy if you get by using to for more than intended.

Often though new employees will goof, and some employees who hate their job and know how to work the system can tweak it to your advantage like above.
    I know many JC Penney's employees who do that as well as target employees, and it's never harmed their work status as of yet. Though it can lead to termination depending on circumstance etc.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Holy crap, talk about Zombie-ness. The coupon is probably expired by now.

Just saying...

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Jesus, I read through this a few minutes ago without realising it was necro'd. People really need to start checking how old a thread is before posting.

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Normally I agree, but in this instance it was under the main topics page. I didn't even click that tags area or be in an area where a necro'ed topic should have been.

Other than that, why add to something that's already needlessly outdated when you have nothing poignant to add?

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    How did that happen? (serious question)

To point out that you brought back a thread from 2007? Though I already kinda got that, he was only 4 minutes after, so he could've been typing.