Is There a List of EVERY G1 Character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starscream 91, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I think this goes in this thread? I mean it does relate to my CHUG collection.

Anyway, I'm trying to come up with a complete list of EVERY character that has been in the G1 continuity, whether they were introduced through the original G1 cartoon, comics, or even the modern retellings through Fun Pub's Wing Universe & Classics continuities, Dreamwave, and IDW. G2 characters can count to.

Does anyone know of a website or even a list somewhere that has done something like this? I'm trying to find out so I can make a checklist for my CHUG collection of which G1 characters I missing a figure of.

Thanks!

2. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    probably on the wiki

3. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I guess I should mention somewhere off Tfwiki since I'm looking for a compiled list of every fiction in the G1 continuity. They just have them split up by cartoon, each comic, etc.

4. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He's not talking about a toy checklist, he wants a plain text list of all G1 characters whether they're toy-only, cartoon-only or comic-only.

6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    but he kind of is...? That is one list out of the comprehensive guide that they provide to every toy line that I'm aware of. Look at the guides dropdown at the top.

7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This is a big task! I am not aware of a checklist that includes everything you are looking for. I'm working on a semi-similar project but I've paired it down to G1 toys and the Japanese G1 cartoon.

I suggest you use TFwiki and examine the toys that were released every year. Starting with 1984.

Go as far as you want with that. Then pick the show or comic book and look at the cast list. Here is a cast list of Headmasters.

You'll slowly start building your checklist and you can pick and choose what you want to include on it.

The project I'm working on involves building collections based on each season of Transformers. Starting with season 1 in 1984. You can see how far I've progressed on this link.

Have fun!

8. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    ^ Thanks!

I think I'll start with making sure I get every character that had a toy released in America between 1984 & 1990. That is at least my current goal with my CHUG collection.

Then add in characters that were only in the cartoon like Alpha Trion & Devcon.
    Move on to those who are Japan only like Stepper & Minerva. And then Europe only like the Turbomasters.
    Probably add in some Comic onlys like Flame, Impactor, Windblade, Drift, & Victorion.

And I'm thinking of adding G2 and BW to the mix since I already have a few.

I think whats hard is do I go for one only of each character or multiples? Characters like Prime, Megs, & the Seekers I'm okay with getting different versions of them for my CHUG shelf since I like the characters. Heck it makes sense too, a Powermaster Prime for the 88 shelf and a CW voyager Prime for my 84/85 shelf.

But others are tricky. Like I plan on getting Universe 08 Hound even though I have CW Hound, same goes for Smokescreen and I plan to keep both version.

I already have an idea and thats to one day get the individual Scattershot and combine him with Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker, & Mirage once I get the Henkei, Classics, & Universe Ironhide, Mirage, & Sunstreaker so I can make Betatron.

But others don't seem worth it like the Voyager Blades, Ultra Onslaught & Silverbolt, and pretty much every Legends that isn't a Cassette, Seeker, Minibot, or Insecticon

Anyone got advice on that?

9. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Even the Pretenders and the Micromaster combiners? Even the Action Masters? You sure you wouldn't rather scour the wiki and at least cross off the ones you don't like? To be honest, after scouring the wiki myself and making a list of who I intend to have in my collection, I realized you'd be buying a lot of the same figures for making CHUG style customs. TBH, I'd think about going through the 84-87 guys first instead of 84-90. But if you really do want to have the obscure characters too, there's nothing wrong with that.

As for advice, I hope you're good at customizing, because you seriously will be needing to make a shit ton of customs, although I can tell you who can be straight repaints/easy kitbashes of who.

A few mods and a pink jar of paint can make a nice Misfire from Gen. Armada Screamer
    If you don't go for the TR version, FOC Thundercracker might only need a new head to fill in for Triggerhappy
    A new head and coat of paint can make Energon Slugslinger fit in nicely on a CHUG Shelf
    Both Spinister and Rotorstorm can be done from HFTD Tomahawk, but they'd (obviously) be really similar
    Landfill can be straight up repainted from Energon Demolishor
    Quickmix can be redone in red from his Cybertron self, albeit he'll be taller than Scoop and Landfill
    Over-Run has actually used Energon Bulkhead's body in a comic, so he's a no-brainer
    Krok (Who may be a later redeco of TR Skullcruncher) makes more sense from Gen. Stealth Bomber Megatron (Their cockpits are very similar)

I can say more, but I 'm not sure if you are going to go the custom route. (Although I doubt 3P will cover everyone)
    By the way, absolutely get Universe Hound, he is beautiful.

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Voyager Blades is a great figure.

Totally agree with you on the Legends figures.

11. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I'm not to worried about the Micromasters, some have been crossed off thanks to the Minicons released with the Thrilling 30 Legends Autobots and there are some older Universe 08 guys like Countdown that will do and then we just got Blackjack too.

And surprisingly I'm in no need to do customs to get some of the later guys. I'm totally getting Titans Return Triggerhappy and hopefully the rumored Krok happens as well (plus Quake). And TFCC has helped fill in gaps easily with guys like Treadshot, Spinister, Needlenose, Windsweeper, etc. At this point I might be a quarter of the way.

Like I said, not too worried and if I can get to at least 88 with some from later on like Treadshot & Bludgeon I'm totally okay. And in the mean time I can expand my CHUG shelf universe with guys/gals from the Comics, Cartoons, G2, BW, BM, RID, & Armada.

12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

The advice is pretty simple-- collect only what you want. :D  This includes what you include and what you exclude. The examples you gave are perfect-- I also have no use of voyager Blades, Ultra Onslaught & Silverbolt either because of their CW versions. I also don't care for Legends figures that aren't a Cassette, Minibot or Insecticon.

I think what's tougher is deciding which version of a popular character to use in your collection. For example, I like CW Megatron more then Classics Megatron but I have a soft spot for Classics Megs so I'm keeping him. CW Megatron might go into another shelf that includes other CHUG figures though.

What is also challenging is finding the "definitive" version of some characters but that's part of the fun collecting. Especially if you have collections that span different eras or continuities. For example, I'll eventually work on a collection for "cybertronian" versions of G1 characters. I know I'll substitute lots of figures from other lines to accomplish this. But that's part of the challenge and fun.

13. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    Yeah, like I'll probably have a comic book shelf where a lot of my extras will go like the Stealth Bomber Megs, Blurr Drift, and the CW Autobots when I get the original CHUG versions. I'll be using the Titans Return Voyager on my main 84/85 shelf next to CW Optimus. The upcoming Titans Return Voyager Prime will then go on a shelf dedicated to G2 probably. And if I ever get the Leader Seekers in the future I'll make a solo shelf for them and the Legends Seekers I have. And if the rumors are true of Titans Return Perceptor are true I'll put the Reveal the Shield with the 84 cast and the TR one with the 86 cast.

Heck I have the same problem with my Prime, Movie, and Animated shelves. Like just on my Three Movie shelves alone I have at least seven different Primes to the point when I move out and have more space for shelf I'll just have one definitive Prime on each shelf and then make another dedicated to Prime and Megatron with all the extras I have.

But I have to say thank you as its helping paint the image of how I want my collection to look in a couple of years. Its just hard right now cause I don't have much shelf space living at home. Hopefully once I get set down a career path I can move out and into some place where I have more room for displaying things the way I plan to. And get the right shelving to do so too.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    Alright so I decided to make my own little check list of characters that I feel like I'd want in a perfect CHUG display of mine.

I went through Tfwiki and picked the 1984 to 1988 American toy line roster and included the 89 Pretenders like Bludgeon & Thunderwing.

I then went to the Japanese toy lines and picked characters that had CHUG toys already like Liokaiser, Shouki, Metalhawk, & Goshooter. I then picked characters I felt would be obvious toys made in the future like Minvera, Twincast, and Soundblaster.

I then went through every CHUG line (Classics, Universe 08, Henkei, 2010 Generations, GDO, Thrilling 30, United, Legends, CW, TR, & UW) and picked characters from there also taking into consideration figures I already had. The same goes for when I went through Fun Pub's list too.

Finally I just picked random characters from the G1 cartoon and comics I wanted to see in CHUG like Ariel, Moonracer, Firestar, Vibes, Flame, & Emirate Xaaron.

It may take some time but hopefully between Hasbro hopefully filling out the 87 and 88 bots with Titans Return and hopefully future lines. Hopefull CHUG Dinobots, Shockwave, Omnibots, etc. And all the older CHUG figures I need to get cause I either wasn't collecting, missed, or couldn't afford. I should have about seven or more CHUG shelves I'll be pleased with. The main line I collect anymore.

16. openchallenge

openchallenge No way!

The toys section of this site is very handy for quick reference. The Hasbro section is separated by year and the Takara section is separated by line (Masterforce, Victory). I noticed that Europe only releases where absent when TJomega was talking about them. I'm sure it's on the endless admin to do list.

The Japanese G1 section needs some attention. I'm sure there are collectors that already have memory cards full of pics, it would be awesome if they submitted better images to the data base.

The main reason I like the Toy section here so much is because it is toy based where as the the wiki is fiction based. I often use both.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. LaserbeakEject

LaserbeakEject Fantasticon!

Ebay:
    Hey! Hopefully this isn't too excessive, but I recently finished watching the original American series, the animated movie, and the Headmasters series. I made my own checklist of characters as they appeared and I figured I could contribute it to the site! I'm sure I may have missed a few but this is pretty thorough, I think! It doesn't include Masterforce, Victory, or Zone characters.

Autobots
    Optimus Prime
    Sideswipe
    Ironhide
    Wheeljack
    Ratchet
    Brawn
    Hound
    Huffer
    Windcharger
    Gears
    Prowl
    Bluestreak
    Mirage
    Trailbreaker
    Sunstreaker
    Jazz
    Cliffjumper
    Bumblebee
    Grimlock
    Sludge
    Slag
    Snarl
    Swoop
    Skyfire
    Halonix Maximus (oh gawd!)
    Power glide
    Warpath
    Beachcomber
    Inferno
    Hoist
    Tracks
    Red Alert
    Grapple
    Smokescreen
    Devcon
    Perceptor
    Seaspray
    Cosmos
    Omega Supreme
    Skids
    Chromia
    Moonracer
    Firestar
    Elita one
    Greenlight
    Lancer
    Alpha trion
    Silverbolt
    Slingshot
    Fireflight
    Air Raid
    Sky Dive
    Blades
    First aid
    Groove
    Streetwise
    Hot spot
    Hotrod/Rodimus - firebolt
    Kup - recoil
    Blurr - haywire
    Arcee - Daniel
    Ultra Magnus
    Springer
    Blaster
    Eject
    Rewind
    Steeljaw
    Ramhorn
    Wheelie
    Wreck-gar
    Outback
    Swerve
    Pipes
    Tailgate
    Skylynx
    Metroplex
    Sandstorm
    Broadside
    Six gun
    Slammer
    Scamper
    Beta
    Scattershot
    Lightspeed
    Nosecone
    Strafe
    Afterburner

Throttlebots
    Wide load
    Chase
    Freeway
    Searchlight
    Rollbar
    Goldbug

Punch/Counterpunch
    Cloudraker
    Fastlane
    Hardhead - Duros
    Brainstorm - Arcana
    Chromedome - Stylor
    Highbrow - Gort
    Fortress Maximus - Cerebros - Spike
    Pointblank - Peacemaker
    Sureshot - Spoilsport
    Crosshairs - Pinpointer

Trainbots form Raiden
    Getsuei
    Kaen
    Seizan
    Shouki
    Suiken
    Yukikaze

Monsterbots
    Repugnus
    Grotusque
    Doublecross

Decepticons
    Megatron
    Soundwave
    Rumble
    Frenzy
    Laserbeak
    Ravage
    Buzzsaw
    Autoscout
    Slugfest
    Overkill
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Shockwave
    Reflector
    Spectro
    Viewfinder
    Spyglass
    Acid storm
    Nova Storm
    Ion Storm
    Shrapnel
    Kickback
    Bombshell
    Scrapper
    Scavenger
    Hook
    Longhaul
    Bonecrusher
    Mixmaster
    Ramjet
    Blitzwing
    Thrust
    Dirge
    Astrotrain
    Motormaster
    Dragstrip
    Breakdown
    Wildrider
    Deadend
    Swindle
    Vortex
    Blastoff
    Brawl
    Onslaught
    Unicron
    Ratbat
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus - nightstick
    Scourge - Fracas
    Octane
    Tantrum
    Dive-bomb
    Rampage
    Headstrong
    Razorclaw
    Hauler
    Gravedigger
    Trypticon
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    Rippersnapper
    Blot
    Sinner twin
    Hun-gurrr
    Cutthroat
    Apeface - spasma
    Skullcruncher - grax
    Mindwipe - volrath
    Snapdragon - krunk
    Weirdwolf - monzo
    Misfire - aimless
    Wingspan
    Pounce
    Sixshot
    Slugslinger - caliburst
    Triggerhappy - blowpipe
    Scorponok - zarak
    Duocons
    Battletrap
    Flywheels

Quintessons
    Sharkticons
    Primacron

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every character includes all the humans from the cartoons & comics as well as various aliens. Have fun going though every episode & comic.

20. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    ^I don't plan to count humans since I can't find a good enough size/scale for them. Though that GI Joe Marissa Fairborn has me interested, maybe one day.

Speaking of one day. UW Victorion! I hate UW for the most part, their Hasbro counterparts easily beat them out. The only UW set on my list for the CHUG shelf is Grand Galvatron but thats because they were never released by Hasbro sadly. While I still plan to get CW Victorion one day I also really want UW Victorion. They are basically five brand new characters! Thats totally right up my alley. Yay for new G1 characters.