Is there a KO of MP Star Saber???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I was pretty sure the Star Saber I received last week in preparation for Victory Leo was some kind of KO.
    But I doubted it since I didn't know Stars Saber had already been KO'd.

This is the only thing that pisses me off to no end when it comes it KO like this.
    Especially when there are no definitive differences with the box or even the figure !!

I am now convinced that I received a KO after reading this thread.

Reminds me of the limited edition robot master black version !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2023
  2. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

What is Robot Master? Is that black god ginrai? If it is, I own one of those, it was a very expensive lesson learned. Sucks to be taken in. I was in talks with the seller on ebay way back in the day for one of those. I ended up not buying it because of the cash outlay cost but the seller kept messenging me and said he would accept a trade. I then agreed to trade a bunch of misb g1s for it. Well I got it after two months of him getting my toys and then really thought it would be worth more than I paid in trade value so I went to sell it on ebay. Maz, who was unkown by most then, started sending me messages to open it. I said your nuts, Im not opening an MISB piece. He continued and if I recall correctly, he accused me of trying to rip off people. Having cost me a fortune I didnt want to risk it but it got to the point I had to see. He was a persistant pain so I did finally look. Turns out he was right and "I" ended my auction. Ebay couldnt do anything for me because I traded for it and didnt pay through ebay. I still have him on a shelf MISBOOS. Anyone interested can have an 8 by 10 glossy for a buck. Lol. Gotta laugh because it hurts when I think about the toys I lost because of it.

So if you thought you were buying the original star saber mp, I feel your pain but you may find the toy is better if you plan to combine with KFCs. I knew I was buying a ko of star saber and the seller said such.

3. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Same chinese seller that I had my K.O Star Saber. :mad:  I couldnt have refund neither replacement parts thanks to him and paypal I hope you'll get your refund. But it was my last time I will never buy any TF figures from any chinese sellers accept uncle billy from aliexpress.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

What parts did you need? What broke on your KO? Mine should be here anyday, well that was until Mathew. . .

5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Here is the KO review.

TakaraTomy MP24 Star Saber

I got mine for a steal... they are running a little higher now $85-$90... but I paid a little over $60 USD.
    Some sellers aren't advertising them as KO because they're probably illegal factory runs of it... but they are a almost flawless copy it is hard to dispute it with the selling service.
    I knew buying it for such a low price that is had to be a KO, but the review on the KO makes me not care about authenticity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:

Thanks for that.. I never would have thought to look in the official thread for a KO breakdown, ha. I paid 80 for one a few days ago, and got the kfc hands from tfsource to go with him. I never really cared about SS, but you can't beat these prices... and maybe this guy will come out some day to be his nemesis. Carnifex is neat, but he doesn't really go with MP SS, and I'm not gonna pay that much for a character I have zero attachment to.

7. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Am I the only one who'd buy an Oversized MP Star Saber? I would totally shill out 200-300$ for a Fort Max sized one <3

8. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:

there are several, it's been mentioned at length in THREE other threads and no I can't be fucked linking to them.

Fastest way - does he have DEAD eyes that look black? IT's too much paint, shine a torch in them (or any bright light, a phone....) and you will see they are BLUE eyes with too many layers of paint, which says factory reject to me.

There are other ways to know, but this is the easiest and fastest to see.

9. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I picked up a star saber that was advertised in eBay as authentic, but based on the reviews and comparison photos here, it looks like it is a fake. Plus also, just overall it seems much cheaper and crappier than any of my real Takara figures.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what would be the best course of action as this was an eBay purchase? I know I can contact the seller but should that not prove successful, what recourse does eBay or PayPal have when you are sold something that is supposed to be real, but are sent a fake?

What is the best course of action to ensure I get my money back?

Thank you in advance.

10. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just curious, which KO did you get? I got mine from bababobo and it's fantastic, aside from the three things that are common (dark eyes, slightly off shoulder spires and the bad paint on the brain master). Plastic, joints and ratchets are all fine. I got the replacement/upgrade parts from killinger, but I haven't needed 'em yet.

11. Shuggaroth

Shuggaroth Need Titan Omega Wings/Tracks

Ebay:
    I think you can simply open a dispute, and, if it was not stated that it was a KO, choose the option that the item was not as described. Then include a link for the differences between the real one, and the KO one. And maybe upload pics from your Saber, pointing out the differences.

12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Necromancy.

Anyone know where I can get a KO of this guy. To make a long story short, It an attempt to repair it after failing to install the KFC Upgrade kit, I melted a piece of my elbow and I want to get a KO for cheap so I can harvest his right elbow for my official.

13. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Aliexpress, probably

14. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    The KO's were factory rejects were they not?
    I've not seen any evidnence of "replicas" or a diff mold, it's the same toy with minor differences, meaning their is no spefici ko to sell.
    Yes I have that versions with the too much paint on the eyes and the circle bits mentioned in the photos couple years back.

And yes factory rejects are considered "KO" I'm just making a distinction, that's why you won't find it for sale anywhere ,as factory rejects or lunchtime specials (same mold, same factory, not a reverse engineered toy) come and go, while actual replicas tend to made in higher numbers and with some kind of dodgy name or company attached to them like that THF Magnus for example, that appeared a long time after the "samples" (official product, unofficial channels) sold out.
    *Yes, I followed ALL the threads on this topic from day #1.

Best best it to hit up sale groups on social media or the buy/sell/trade on tfw, but I always try for something local before importing.

15. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in partying with the KO MP Star Saber? long shot!

16. HAL237

HAL237 Be provocative, be organized

News Credits:
    CB24D6A2-9D38-468F-85CD-C5EA3F52FDB1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3