Customs: is there a good source?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    of some of the g1 characters with their weapons in hand or something?

im really wanting to make some more weaponry for cliffjumper (not a fan of the upcoming kit) and hound.

and maybe something better for old mirage while i am at it

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of the trading cards if you want cartoon weapons.

The stats thing on the toys boxes (well the toy box images) have them with weapons in hand as well for toy accuracy.

The comics may have been all over the place as they were open to artist interpretation and many artist back in the day never took the art chores on the comic seriously. Just enough to collect a paycheck.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    You can check a few places for pics of their weapons (not sure about in-hand though).

Sector70 - Alpha Trion Memorial Reference Library (I help run this along with Spurt Reynolds--I think you may need to be a member to access it--but feel free to share your work there at the main site also)

www.tfu.info Series Index

Botch's Transformers Box Art Archive

If you ever need something specific, I'm sure I have references of it already or I can get it. At Sector70, we did tons of different reference stuff, from old artwork to new, box art, toys, cartoon screencaps.....basically a little of everything. I tend to use the Studio Ox art for most of my work, with a little inspiration from other art and toon stuff.

If you don't have them yet, I'd suggest picking up Transformers: Visual Works (Studio Ox & Ban Magami Japanese artwork from the 80's), The Ark, The Ark II, and The MTMTE Guidebooks. The Ark series are the G1 toon models, showing heads, weapons, etc. I tend to study both the toon and various artworks on each character, then come up with a look for the bot or weapon based on those, since some of the bots and weapons look different from piece to piece.

I took the time to scan a TON of my personal books (Visual Works, The Ark, The Ark II, MTMTE Guidebooks, and even other TF books to get some of the references we have at Sector70. So check it out and you'll see most of the Ark stuff and other things you may find useful.

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    awesome thanks for the heads up i felt with the perceptor gun i had a nack for weaponry so im gonan try and help out some of my classics that came without hand weapons

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks allen those should come in handy