Is there a G1 style Prime gun that will fit the deluxe classics mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Oct 10, 2012.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This guy.

And by "fit" I mean be pretty close in size and will fit the hold in his hand...

I was thinking the actual G1 gun might be a good one...

Attached Files:

2. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Are you talking Fall of Cybertron? I think Titanium Optimus's gun does the trick. I know it works for War for Cybertron.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"Deluxe Classics."

The G1 gun might work, but it still has a handle in the way of holding it properly.

Don't know how big the Robot Masters one is, I just know that the oversized knock off can be used for Voyager Optimus' Ion Cannon.

4. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Sorry, the pic took forever to post, but no, the deluxe classics mold that was in the two pack with megs at Marshalls this year.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Theres the IGear Faith Leader gun, an extra, that was made to the the Classics Prime mode.

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I've got this guy sitting in a box in my closet so the kids can give him to me for Christmas. And heck, alt mode is kinda sucky, but it ain't _that_ bad and I'm kinda stoked about getting it.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's not an overwhelmingly bad toy. It just has the misfortune of being compared to the Voyager mold that was released roughly at the same time, which is (in my opinion at least) one of the best Optimus Prime molds ever released.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure where you'd track one down now, but years back there was a pretty terrible Optimus-ish knockoff at stores like Dollar tree, that came with Deluxe-scaled versions of Optimus' gun and axe, with standard 5mm pegs. It was worth a buck just for the weapons

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Agreed, on all accounts. It's also a much better toy in person, so long as you know how to lock the stupid chest gimmick.

It's actually a fun, posable, and playable Prime figure. The alt-mode is laughable, but at least conversion is fun and easy, and the face is a bit flat and bug-eyed in photos, but it works in real life.

Anyhoo, FoC Voyager Soundwave has a gun that looks identical to Prime's G1 Blaster. No idea why, as I haven't played the FoC games, but that's going to be your best bet, I'd imagine. It'll be a bit of a wait, but... c'mon. Soundwave!

The G1 rifle will FIT, but since there's a useless little handle behind the peg it will have to be held crooked or awkwardly.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I don't doubt the other one is better but this cost me $14 for the duo-pack AND I think he has a more G1 vibe.

I love to grab a classics off the shelf have with me when I watch the old series with the boy and this little bugger looks like a perfect compliment to that.

12. crcs

crcs Active Member

I'm not sure, but isn't there a Dr Wu diecast gun that's very g1? I'm pretty sure I saw a review of it with wfc optimus...

13. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Man! That looks perfect, and would be in the perfect price range for the Deluxe Prime I only bought to have a TF toy for my desk at work! Its a shame he's probly not around anywhere near me, but I'll take a look next time I'm out. Thanks!

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no problem, hope you find one